Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can I talk to about with a hot art history major?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You said talked your way, I think there are many guys here including me who would like to hear about that.
    It's easy. Just be charming.

Seriously though, my situation isn't really comparable. This was a girl who I'm pretty sure was interested last year, but I didn't pursue it because I had a girlfriend. It's a lot easier to rekindle interest in a friend who once had it than it is to create interest in a friend who never was. Only an increase in social rank (or the perception of it) can do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
      Relationship/dating threads here usually follow a similar pattern. One group of posters recommends a gentlemanly approach of sensitivity, enquiry and subtlety, while another group insists that insulting her, pissing on her face and banging her up the exhaust-pipe with a baseball bat is what all women love.

Then someone else chimes in to say that any man who posts on a TBS strategy games forum is by definition incapable of having any success with women.

This thread seems to be running true to form.
      Not bad
      In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

It may be true that women like to talk about themselves and that as men we should at least pretend to be interested. Seriously though, if you're really not interested in what they have to say, then all you're looking for is some **** on which you depend to get laid. And on the other hand, if she really is one of those women who like to hear themselves talk about themselves, I would smell bull**** a mile away and avoid that kind of women.

When I have fun with a girl, I don't want to have the impression having to try and consciously seduce her. I'd want it to go all natural and smooth. These are my two cents anyway, I don't know how you feel bout it Heraclitus, but if I were you I wouldn't read up on dating and just follow teh manly instinct
        "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
        "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

That doesn't work for me. It works for some guys though.

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
            Relationship/dating threads here usually follow a similar pattern. One group of posters recommends a gentlemanly approach of sensitivity, enquiry and subtlety, while another group insists that insulting her, pissing on her face and banging her up the exhaust-pipe with a baseball bat is what all women love.

Then someone else chimes in to say that any man who posts on a TBS strategy games forum is by definition incapable of having any success with women.

This thread seems to be running true to form.
            Has it been said yet you shouldn't listen to a woman's advice?
            DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
              That doesn't work for me. It works for some guys though.

JM
              My instincts are broken too. That's why I need to go into social robot mode when I want to have some succes with women.
              Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
              The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
              The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

You´ll end up being stuck with three kids from two different women, none of which you really wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by Unimatrix11
                  You´ll end up being stuck with three kids from two different women, none of which you really wanted.
                  Why do you always use ´ instead of ' ?

I find this very intriguing.
                  "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                  "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

i dont know, what you are refering to, traianvs ?
                    EDIT: Oh , i got You ´´´ instead of ´'´ ? Well, i dunno, i just happened to find the ´'´ on my keyboard just now, looking for it (and PC-keyboards arent exactly new to me). On the german layout, you need the ´shift´ key to access it, while for the ´´´ you dont. It still needs getting used to, because it is the ´accent dégue´ (spelling ?) and thus requires an additional space in order not to appear above a letter (if it is a vowel). Since it´s pretty much useless in german, and ´"´ can cause trouble sometimes, i tought myself to use ´´´ instead and never noticed, i am useing a different char for ´'´ than anyone else.
                    Last edited by Unimatrix11; December 14, 2008, 16:45.

Comment

Got to first base tonight with the former friend-zone girl.

Comment

Originally posted by Naked Gents Rut
                        Got to first base tonight with the former friend-zone girl.
                        Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                        The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                        The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

In my experience, once you ask her a question and she starts to reply, it is usually sufficient to win her over by paying attention to what she is saying- and not directing your gaze solely to her breasts when she speaks.

Strangely, some women do appear to appreciate this behaviour.

As an aside, none of the art history graduates I know are currently unemployed, or desperately poor. Some even work for Colnaghi's and Sotheby's.

There's a good chance she has a top ten of artists- and a list of favourite eras or art movements. You may discover you have some of these in common.

If so, light the blue touch paper and let Eros reign.
                          Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                            Does she prefer the marble statues of Greece or the bronze statues of Rome?
                            It´s the other way around.
                            Ich bin der Zorn Gottes. Wer sonst ist mit mir?

Comment

In my experience
                              When I need advice on picking up women, I always turn to an aging gay man. It's the logical thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom
                                In my experience, once you ask her a question and she starts to reply, it is usually sufficient to win her over by paying attention to what she is saying- and not directing your gaze solely to her breasts when she speaks.

Strangely, some women do appear to appreciate this behaviour.
                                I knew you were the person to turn to for the best answer to this sensitive question.
                                We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                                If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                                Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Working...
                                X