Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can I talk to about with a hot art history major?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikeH
    Just tell her that you weren't sure what to say to her so you asked a bunch of posters on a web forum dedicated to turn based strategy games for advice.
    The more advice I see here, the less likely it seems to me that this was a good idea. Stick with what the female(s) here told you and be a little reserved, so that she thinks she has some control over the pace too. Good luck in her turning out to be worth the concern.
    No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
    "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Invite her to an Art Museum or Art Show.
      Ask questions and listen to her.
      And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
        Has she ever posed naked?
        Inquiring minds want to know.

Comment

I talked myself out of the friend zone last night, so you really should be listening to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Supr49er
            Invite her to an Art Museum or Art Show.
            Ask questions and listen to her.
            Definitely not. That is her turf. You need to be on your turf, so you can exercise of of that confidence/social rank.
            The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

Ask her if she wants to hit up gang signs
              Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Naked Gents Rut
                I talked myself out of the friend zone last night, so you really should be listening to me.
                Bad premice.

You do not talk out of such a situation.
                In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Oh please. It's entirely possible you get into a situation when she doesn't want to be anymore than friends but the idea that you can land into some sort of situation you can't escape is bull****. Plenty of people I know got into a relationship after they were just friends. How is something like 'friends with benefits' even possible if there really is an inescapable friends zone? Love really is an extension of friendship. Liking each other quite more than liking each other.
                  DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

I think he meant that talking isn't enough; you're not really out of the friend zone until you bang.

Comment

Well, he took the first step: asking for love advice here.
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Ask her " Why did renaissance people draw women so fat?"
                        That's baroque.

Make her horny discussing Renaissance and Baroque artists', popes' and maecenas' sexual appetites, talk about St. Theresa's orgasm, err extacy, by Bernini.
                        "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                        "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Relationship/dating threads here usually follow a similar pattern. One group of posters recommends a gentlemanly approach of sensitivity, enquiry and subtlety, while another group insists that insulting her, pissing on her face and banging her up the exhaust-pipe with a baseball bat is what all women love.

Then someone else chimes in to say that any man who posts on a TBS strategy games forum is by definition incapable of having any success with women.

This thread seems to be running true to form.

Comment

Originally posted by Naked Gents Rut
                            I think he meant that talking isn't enough; you're not really out of the friend zone until you bang.
                            You said talked your way, I think there are many guys here including me who would like to hear about that.

In any case I know that women are attracted to social position, its all a game of demonstrating higher value but the problem is that often I just end up being myself when I talk to women I really like, I mean I actually end up enjoying the conversation and when its over I realize that except for the opener I didn't build up any attraction at all...
                            Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                            The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                            The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
                              Relationship/dating threads here usually follow a similar pattern. One group of posters recommends a gentlemanly approach of sensitivity, enquiry and subtlety, while another group insists that insulting her, pissing on her face and banging her up the exhaust-pipe with a baseball bat is what all women love.

Then someone else chimes in to say that any man who posts on a TBS strategy games forum is by definition incapable of having any success with women.

This thread seems to be running true to form.
                              Don't forget the concluding post by someone who is both cynical and clairvoyant, and gives an astute description of what usually happens in such threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Colon™
                                Oh please. [...]Plenty of people I know got into a relationship after they were just friends. [...]
                                not the same.
                                a woman can sometimes have friends that are not "just friends" but are potential mates, only she's for some reason not available for that relationship yet.

The fact that a woman thinks a person is ****able doesn't make her **** him on the spot. Sometimes it remains dormant.

But if you're really in the friend zone - you'll know

How is something like 'friends with benefits' even possible if there really is an inescapable friends zone?
                                For women it's not entirely possible.
                                I think that they end up viewing it as a half-relationship, or as "The best I can get right now".

Comment

Working...
                                X