Condolenes for Ben Kenobi who lost his Father on Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My condolences, Ben.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Very sorry to hear this. Loosing a parent is never easy. Good thoughts and prayers for you and your family.
      Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
      Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
      Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
      You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

Good to see a jet fighter didn't crash into Oerdin though
        Monkey!!!

Comment

Stephen Kenobi 1955-2008

With profound sadness we announce the sudden passing of our husband, father, brother, son, and friend Stephen Paul Kenobi on December 5, 2008. Stephen will be remembered with love and greatly missed by his loving wife Sandra, his three sons Ben, Paul and Matthew, his parents Shirley and Otto Kenobi, his sister Catherine, his father and mother in-law, Bill and Joey Lloyd, nephews Adam, Daniel, Kevin, Perrin, and Liam, and niece Kirsten, sisters in-law Margot (Peter) and Nancy (Brian), and many aunts, uncles, cousins and friends. Steve was born in Port Alberni January 25, 1955. He moved to Campbell River when he was 7 where he excelled at school and ran track and field. Steve went to UBC where he met his future wife Sandra while working in the UBC cafeteria at Totem Park. The were married in 1978 and first lived in Burnaby, then Langley. he graduated with a BA in English in 1980. While he was completing his BA, Steve pursued his dream of drafting at BCIT, where he achieved his Building Technologist Certificate, which he proudly displayed in his office. He began his career as a draftsman in Langley. He loved drawing houses and he was very fond of the custom designed houses he created for friends. In 1984, Steve moved to Prince George where he designed a home for his growing family in Beaverly. When jobs were hard to find Steve would turn his hand to anything. He taught drafting at CNC, sold water softeners, did security at a local store, and worked at Expo 86. Steve was also a correspondence marker with school district 57, marking courses ranging from Drafting to English to Geography. Steve worked at Woodpro Engineering for over 20 years, drafting first by hand on the board then on the computer. He was always fond of sharing work happenings during his years there. He loved Hockey, especially the Habs and the Canucks. he collected hockey cards, coins, stamps, comics, and books. Steve was an avid reader and was never without a book on the go. Steve also loved badminton, playing cards, visiting friends, and 60's music. he was a story teller and always had a corny joke to share and was interested in talking to everyone. He loved to travel and recently went to Mexico where he enjoyed the sand, ocean and the ruins of Chichen Itza. The ocean and beach were always home for him. He loved his family very much and never missed a soccer practice, parent-teacher night, or Christmas concert. We will always remember him for the love and respect he held for everyone close to him. The family would like to thank the nursing and medical staff at the PGRH ER for their exceptional care. A memorial service will be held Friday, December 12, 2008 at St. Michaels Anglican Church (5th and Victoria) at 2:00 pm. A reception will follow in the church hall. In lieu of flowers, friends so wishing can make a donation to the Prince George Hospice Society or the Stephen Kenobi Memorial Award at College of New Caledonia.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Thanks Slowwhand
            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Who's this Stephen Kenobi?

Thanks Slowwy.

How did you manage to find the corrected version?
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

It was there, at the newspaper site. Only one I knew.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Well you are an excellent detective. Good job.

I was going to post that once the corrected version was in the papers this morning.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Hope you're well, Ben. Welcome back.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Ben, I know (knew) people at Woodpro - I've probably crossed paths with your Dad at one time or another.
                      Even a fool is thought wise if he remains silent.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                        Good to see a jet fighter didn't crash into Oerdin though
                        We should have a different thread for this. I don't want to sully the thread about Ben's father's passing with off topic posts.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I would think so, there aren't that many engineers in Prince.

Small world.

Comment

condolences ben.

Comment

Funeral is tomorrow at St. Michael's at 2pm.

Everyone who is able is welcome to come.

Comment

Thank you all so much for your thoughts, and prayers. I can't say how much I appreciated getting up in the morning every day last week and seeing new posts.

The funeral went well. The church was packed with people who came to see my father, and some of his friends from the island managed to come up here on such short notice.

Comment

Working...
                                X