Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Supreme Court take case on Obama's citizenship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osama is Kenyan.

Comment

• If you're not going to put any effort into it, TCO...
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Do you work for BO?

Comment

• Originally posted by Docfeelgood
          Do you work for BO?
          Of course not. Have you seen the questionnare?
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• sleepytime

Comment

• I just want to know the truth.
              Its in my nature to question.
              I just wish more people would do the same.
              No harm in asking a question unless one has something to hide.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boris Godunov

Of course not. Have you seen the questionnare?

No, do tell.

Comment

• oops
                  DP

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramo

Every day that the crazies traffic in this nonsense pushes back the day when brown people consider voting Republican. They should be dragging this out as long as possible...
                    Seeing as the plaintiff in this case is a lifelong Democrat, paying member of the NAACP, former Deputy Attorney General for a Democratic administration, and candidate in several state Democratic primaries, who has admitted that it pains him to be subjecting a Democrat to this scrutiny, I fail to see how the case should damage the GOP's image at all.

Then again, since 99.9% of people who pick up on the story will automatically assume it's a right-wing nutcase leading the crusade, even though it's not, I suppose it is bad news for the Repugs. Sucks for them.
                    Unbelievable!

Comment

• I'd assume that most of these challenges are coming from Republicans (see Alan Keyes), and that vast majority of the support for these challenges is coming from Republicans.
                      "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                      -Bokonon

Comment

Obama isn't a defendant in the suit. Do you have any idea what you're talking about, ever?
                        Originally posted by Boris Godunov this very thread.
                        Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                        The one being considered by the SCOTUS is the only one in question here, and that was brought against the SoS of New Jersey, IIRC. In fact, I think all of these frivolous suits have been brought against state election officials, not Obama.
                        Do you have any idea what you're talking about, ever? The first line of the judgment copy I posted in this very thread as well as the Petition for Writ of Certiorari I linked in this very thread list the heading Philip J. Berg v. Barack Obama, et al. His second cause of action was even promissory estoppel against Obama personally for his promises' inducement of Berg's having donated money and billable hours to Democratic campaigns in reliance on his eligibility.

The other defendants were the DNC, FEC, and "Does" to be identified by discovery, not any SoS that I can see.
                        Last edited by Darius871; December 5, 2008, 01:42.
                        Unbelievable!

Comment

McCain was required to present his birth certificate? By whom?
                          Uhh... McCain was sued over his eligibility, in a case so directly analogous to this one to have been repeatedly cited as a pivotal precedent in it, though McCain's case of course didn't get the same media attention, probably because it didn't afford as much opportunity to for certain people to predictably sensationalize about "sheer racist lunacy" as Obama's does. Look up Hollander v. McCain, 566 F.Supp.2d 63 (D.N.H. 2008) for an education, or simply read in this very thread how it was cited in - and largely determinative of - Berg's case.
                          Last edited by Darius871; December 5, 2008, 01:55.
                          Unbelievable!

Comment

• Originally posted by TCO
                            I mean what if Bush decides that he refuses to relinquish the office in January. Do you think it a coup, if the miltary kicks his ass out?
                            No, b-b-b-b-but... but, but he's... Bush!
                            Unbelievable!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramo
                              I'd assume that most of these challenges are coming from Republicans (see Alan Keyes), and that vast majority of the support for these challenges is coming from Republicans.
                              Well, not the lone halfway serious one with actual witness' affidavits, a well-regarded formed Deputy Attorney General of a large state litigating, this level of national publicity, and at least a slim shot at certiorari review, but probably a majority of the dozen or so morons submitting frivolous pro se rants scribbled on Denny's napkins, yes.
                              Unbelievable!

Comment

• My BC states which hospital I was born at.

Anyone know the hospital BHO was born at?

Comment

Working...
                                X