No announcement yet.

The Christmas Songs Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like how in Denmark, the citizenry has fallen in line and use "Liberal" like it's a bad word.

Obedience.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

We had an record called Snoopy and his Friends the Royal Guardsmen that was always played at christmas. Its one of my favorite albums and I still dig it out every Christmas to give it a listen. Christmas Eve just isn't the same without it. Its mostly about Snoopy dogfighting the Red Baron in WW1 with afew airplane/christmas songs mixed in. I can't wait to get home and put it back on this eve.

Royal Guardsmen - The Story of Snoopy Vs. The Red Baron

The Royal Guardsmen-The Story of the Return of the Red Baron w/ verse

The Royal Guardsmen- The Story of Snoopy's Christmas w/ verse

Comment

Twisted Sister: O Come all ye faithfull

Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
        I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Les anges dans nos compagnes

Last edited by Ben Kenobi; December 4, 2008, 05:33.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Greensleeves

Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

[Merry Christmas from] Chiron Beta Prime -- Jon Coulton

Comment

Good God in Heaven, how did you all miss this? Best. Christmas. Song. Ever.

"I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Bring Him Home Santa

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Here they are. You know you want them:

"I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Suicide: Frankie Teardrop

The Velvet Underground: The Gift

Manic Street Preachers: Suicide Is Painless (Theme From M.A.S.H.)

Marvin Gaye: When Did I Stop Loving You, When Did You Stop Loving Me?

Curtis Mayfield: (Don't Worry) If There's A Hell Down Below We're All Gonna Go

Marianne Faithfull: Long Black Veil

Pentangle: The Lyke Wake Dirge

Johnny Cash: Hurt

Gil Scott-Heron: Home Is Where The Hatred Is

Nico and Brian Eno: The End (live version)

An especially festive Top Ten, to get you in the mood for the Christmas dinner and its aftermath.
                      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Welcome back Molly Bloom!
                        "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia
                          Welcome back Molly Bloom!
                          I send you a virtual Festivus lotus seed cake with egg yolk or a Chinese honey bun (or yam croquette, if you don't like sweet things).

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Yam croquette? Gag. Retch. Heave.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                              Yam croquette? Gag. Retch. Heave.

I take it you've never actually tried one then ?

They're light, creamy and have a delicate crispy batter that shatters easily. Really yummy for dim sum...

Comment

Kyle - Just a Jew [on Christmas]

Comment

Working...
                                X