Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to kill yourself

Any ideas?

Edit: And no I'm not thinking of offing myself, so you are in no danger from a lawsuit if you respond to this thread

2nd Edit: No really. Purely theoretical.
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Buckshot blast straight up through jaw into brain. If you put the barrel in your mouth it's hard to get the proper angle. Plus it's sorta gay to have your final act be sucking on a gun.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
      Buckshot blast straight up through jaw into brain. If you put the barrel in your mouth it's hard to get the proper angle. Plus it's sorta gay to have your final act be sucking on a gun.
      I've heard stories of how that goes horribly wrong. Also your second point is a good one.

What about jumping into a vat of liquid nitrogen or helium? I need to run the numbers but my gut feeling says that someone my weight would freeze up pretty quick.
      Last edited by Heraclitus; November 29, 2008, 18:45.
      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

What goes horribly wrong? The barrel in mouth way? Yeah, it tends to make the bullet tear out the back of your neck. Can pretty easily leave you paralyzed. You need to hit the brain.
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Entering an Israeli checkpoint wearing a bomb belt and displaying it - that should do it.
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Barrel in mouth:

It can also blow off your nose if you angle it too far towards vertical.
            "

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
              What goes horribly wrong? The barrel in mouth way? Yeah, it tends to make the bullet tear out the back of your neck. Can pretty easily leave you paralyzed. You need to hit the brain.
              Yes that is precisely what I meant. The problem is that you only get one shot at it.

Comment

Originally posted by EPW
                It can also blow off your nose if you angle it too far towards vertical.
                I think that happens less often. I imagine most people have a better idea of where their sinus cavities are than where their brain is.

Comment

But it's far more grotesque even if that's the case.
                  "

Comment

Also what about constructing a guillotine set on a timer, lying down and taking heavy medication to knock you out? I really can't see how that could go wrong or be painful.

Comment

Originally posted by EPW
                      But it's far more grotesque even if that's the case.
                      True, but it may make the second attempt easier.

Comment

Come to Port Moresby and on a Friday night I'll drop you off at 9 Mile.

It won't be quick or painless - but the end result is guaranteed.
                        I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Drug overdose seems like the best method to me. Or Asphyxia.
                          "

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat
                            Entering an Israeli checkpoint wearing a bomb belt and displaying it - that should do it.
                            That gives me an idea, stealing and detonating a nuke may be the most painless and grand way of committing suicide.

I imagine it would be hard for any other attention wh0re to top you.

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus

True, but it may make the second attempt easier.
                              More attempts aren't as easy after you are institutionalized. And God forbid, they may actually convince you not to try again.
                              "

Comment

Working...
                              X