Happy Thanksgiving, Apolyton!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rah

I heard some facts spouted on sports talk show radio (so it must be true )

The amount of turkey eaten in the US on the one day equals about 1/6 of what is consumed annually.

They were saying somewhere around 500 million pounds of turkey.

rah, I love chicken like Bubba loved shrimp

However, I have to work real hard to stomach Turkey twice a year, wow thats a lot of yardbird
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

As stated Christmas, is a big turkey day also.
      (not in our house)
      But with the health craze and people using ground turkey as a substitute for ground beef, It's not that hard to imagine.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Don't forget simple turkey from the deli, for sandwiches.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Barnabas
          I never tasted Turkey.

How commmon is it to eat turkey not during thanksgiving?
          Very rare, for me at least.

This Thanksgiving, I shared a vegan meal with friends of mine. But then on Friday, I visited other friends and had the classic meal: turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, veggies, pumpkin pie, etc.

Decades ago, I cooked my first Thanksgiving meal for my brother and I. I didn't have the courage to try a turkey, so we had a baked ham.

I eat turkey, but I'm not a big fan. For me, Thanksgiving is more about friends and family.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

Very rare, for me at least.

This Thanksgiving, I shared a vegan meal with friends of mine. But then on Friday, I visited other friends and had the classic meal: turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, veggies, pumpkin pie, etc.

Decades ago, I cooked my first Thanksgiving meal for my brother and I. I didn't have the courage to try a turkey, so we had a baked ham.

I eat turkey, but I'm not a big fan. For me, Thanksgiving is more about friends and family.
            Q F T

/me and college foosball
            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Uncommon to roast a whole bird other than T-day, but meat is common on sandwiches (deli meat).

Comment

I heard stats similar to Rah's on NPR ( and you knoe THAT must be true). We have roast pork loin on Thanksgiving and Christmas. However, we do eat turkey on sandwiches throughout the year, though we prefer ham and roast beef most of the time.
                No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Listed it at 400,0000,000 pounds so that's in the same ball park and since it was on the internet, IT HAS TO BE TRUE. dispite the extra 0 in the number posted Oppps.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

My wife loves turkey - she'd eat it all the time if we could.
                    And I am partially to a nice bit of bird too, as long as it's not too dry.
                    The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
                    "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                    "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                    The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Hello Alexander, been a long time buddy.
                      Order of the Fly
                      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Working...
                      X