Anatomy / Human height ratios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anatomy / Human height ratios

Suppose I have a photo with human head and upper arms pictured. Is there a way to calculate the approximate total height of the man in question?

Not accurately, I think, because upper arms are not indicative of the size of the person.
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

what body parts (=bone lengths) are? feet? any others?

Comment

Er, none? You do understand the ideas of a stocky man and the women with legs up to yaya, right?
        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Even if they were indicative , you'd need to be able to determine the length of the head/arms from the picture you do have.
          Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Re: Anatomy / Human height ratios

Originally posted by VJ
            Suppose I have a photo with human head and upper arms pictured. Is there a way to calculate the approximate total height of the man in question?
            I'm assuming, seeing as you're from Europe, you're trying to find out how tall a random man you met on the internet is, which in turn will tell you his penis length?
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

You sound experienced with this technique.

Comment

I am.

Upon glancing at headshots, I'm fairly accurate at estimating the vital stats:
                - Height
                - gay or straight
                -- if straight, how many beers will he cost?
                - top/bottom
                - cut/uncut
                - penis length

These were taught in Homosexuality 101 back in my bootcamp.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                  I am.

Upon glancing at headshots, I'm fairly accurate at estimating the vital stats:
                  - Height
                  - gay or straight
                  -- if straight, how many beers will he cost?
                  - top/bottom
                  - cut/uncut
                  - penis length

These were taught in Homosexuality 101 back in my bootcamp.
                  Take a look at my avatar, what can you tell me about this guy apart from the fact that he's pooping his pants out of fear?
                  Graffiti in a public toilet
                  Do not require skill or wit
                  Among the **** we all are poets
                  Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

He's too ugly, the force is too strong.

Comment

According to this site Total Height = 1.023*Wingspan
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

You'd still need a ruler or something, a picture wouldn't be enough.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

In drawing, the general rule is people are 8 heads high. So if you divided a line by 8, the top section is the head, next section stops at the nipples, next stops at the belly button, next at the groin, next two at the knee, and then final two shins and feet.
                          Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

thanks

Originally posted by Japher

According to this site Total Height = 1.023*Wingspan
                            this was the answer i was looking for

In drawing, the general rule is people are 8 heads high. So if you divided a line by 8, the top section is the head, next section stops at the nipples, next stops at the belly button, next at the groin, next two at the knee, and then final two shins and feet.
                            This was helpful, too.

Comment

I have a pretty cool picture of a "Hypatia" drawing showing anatomical proportions. But it's a feminine nude, so I probably can't post it here.
                              "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Working...
                              X