Can we defeat Russia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
    Let's assume for a moment that being Russian is an illness. Can we try and get rid of it? We defeated smallpox, after all.

It is obvious that being Russian is not a magical spell. It is caused by something in the real world, and if it has a cause, why not treat the cause?

I've read that it is at least partially a genetic deviation. 'Designer babies' are already a reality, you can pick the eye color of your future child, why not pick his or her ethnic background. 'Do you want a Western kid, or a Russian kid?' I'm sure few parents will pick the latter option.

However, genome is not the only cause of being Russian. It's probably caused by childhood impressions as well. Can modern psychologists try and identify them? What about impressions that reaffirm Westerness? Can we imprint them on every child?

I believe this is possible, just like eliminating AIDS by quarantining the HIV-infected is possible. However, I also believe Russian people will not give up without a fight. They've had their taste of freedom. They've been recognized as deviant, not ill people by many countries. How many of them will angrily protest against something that does not directly affect them? We only can prevent new Russian people from coming into existence. What if existing Russians will try to undermine the initiative?

They could adopt kids whose parents couldn't afford genetic identification and who might be more Russian than usual. Or they could order extra-Russian designer babies and raise them in Russianess. Perhaps we should outlaw that. The doctors will be legally bound to pick the most Western genome possible. And adoption by Russian people shouldn't be allowed at all.

This way we can preserve the existing legal situation, where Russian people have all the basic rights but lack some rights related to family life, to avoid claims of discrimination. Hopefully, fewer and fewer kids will grow up as Russians, and with the help of science, we will get rid of the very idea of abnormal ethnicity. Foot fetishists should probably be the next target.
    B♭3

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Can we defeat Russia?

Originally posted by Whoha

with an F minus.
      Really? You're generous. I'd've just listed them as "Did Not Complete"
      B♭3

Comment

That's hilarious.

How would they sort out the Alaska Boundary treaty? If Russia claimed Alaska, then Canada would get the Panhandle.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Re: Can we defeat Russia?

Originally posted by Asher
          Let's face it: if we were to grade countries on competency and qualify of life, Russia would get an F.

Hmmmmm............. Let's see. Any place north of Maryland automatically gets no better than a "C" for quality of life. Any place north of New York City automatically gets no better than a "D" for quality of life and any place north of Niagra Falls can get no better than a "F" for quality of life, so what kind of grade would Canada get?
          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Well, due to grade inflation and pity from liberal professors, they'd get a passing grade instead of a fail.

No letters, though.
            B♭3

Comment

Re: Re: Can we defeat Russia?

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove

Hmmmmm............. Let's see. Any place north of Maryland automatically gets no better than a "C" for quality of life. Any place north of New York City automatically gets no better than a "D" for quality of life and any place north of Niagra Falls can get no better than a "F" for quality of life, so what kind of grade would Canada get?
              You have it all wrong, it's anything south of New York City that gets an F. All you rednecks do is shoot eachother, gaybash eachother, and praise Jesus.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

You have it all wrong, it's anything south of New York City that gets an F. All you rednecks do is shoot eachother, gaybash eachother, and praise Jesus.
                So KH is now a redneck because he lives south of New York?

And I myself resent this remark.
                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Can we defeat Russia?

Originally posted by MrFun

So KH is now a redneck because he lives south of New York?

And I myself resent this remark.
                  KH will be the first to tell you how **** Baltimore is..
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

Penguins are in Antarctica, you nimrod.

Otherwise, this thread is a font of intelligence.
                    He meant the Pittsburgh Penguins.
                    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

San Francisco's technically south of NYC, I believe.
                      B♭3

Comment

My world is shattered...

Comment

My world is shattered...

Comment

hooray for poly tech crapouts

Comment

Weren't you going to fix that?

JM
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN
                              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Can we defeat Russia?

KH will be the first to tell you how **** Baltimore is..

I already know about his feelings about Baltimore.
                                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                                X