No announcement yet.

Computer troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes but memory could fail for any number of reasons.
    Did you mess with the bios? I also had a situation where incorrectly clocked memory caused these types of symptoms, though they took longer to run into.

Comment

Is the new fan built to the same specs as the original?
      The old one is busted. No way to test that theory by swapping back to the old one.

If it started freezing up only after you replaced the fan, it seems pretty clear that's where the problem lies.
      Prior to that it was overheating. I took the old fans out and they were busted so I put the new ones in. I'll check the specs.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Yes but memory could fail for any number of reasons.
        Did you mess with the bios? I also had a situation where incorrectly clocked memory caused these types of symptoms, though they took longer to run into.
        Nope, I don't overclock, especially not laptops which are prone to overheating.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

... you didn't put thermal paste! I would look at that first and foremost.

Edit: Can you tell me what is your processor?
          bleh

Comment

Is that what your computer look like? Specially the fan in the lower part of the pictures?

bleh

Comment

The processor of the notebook is Intel Celeron M type which runs with the speed of 1.4 GHz. The motherboard is a main unit of the notebook which has Bus Speed of 400 Mega Hertz.

Comment

Do you remember if the fan was directly stick on the processor, or you had an heatsink between the fan and processor?

Do you remember having moved the heat sink?
                bleh

Comment

Fan is an exact copy of the other, so the specs are the same.

It can't be the fan.

Comment

Just answer my question:

1) Do you remember if the fan was directly stick on the processor, or you had an heatsink between the fan and processor?

2) If you had an heat sink, do you remember having moved the heat sink?

I ask these questions; because I need to know if you need to put thermal paste again or not. If we conclude positively, the problem would be found, and you'll probably need to put thermal paste on the processor.
                    bleh

Comment

No your pic doesn't match the laptop at all.

Comment

1) Do you remember if the fan was directly stick on the processor, or you had an heatsink between the fan and processor?

2) If you had an heat sink, do you remember having moved the heat sink?

I ask these questions; because I need to know if you need to put thermal paste again or not. If we conclude positively, the problem would be found, and you'll probably need to put thermal paste on the processor.
                        I'm trying to figure that out. Hang on.

Comment

Yes, the heat sink sits on the processor.

Comment

Do you remember having moved (from the processor) it when you replaced the fan?

Edit:
                            lol
                            Sorry! The administrator has specified that users can only post one message every 0 seconds.
                            bleh

Comment

Do you remember having moved (from the processor) it when you replaced the fan?
                              No, I didn't move the heatsink from the processor when I replaced the fan.

Could it be the processor?

I'm going to try to swap processors between the old motherboard and the new one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

No, I didn't move the heatsink from the processor when I replaced the fan.

Could it be the processor?
                                Maybe when the fan stopped working, it could have damaged your processor
                                Last edited by CrONoS; November 23, 2008, 22:28.
                                bleh

Comment

Working...
                                X