Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding Pizza Hut:

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

People who know pizza tend to hate it (and this is ONE thing I think that the NY and Chicago factions can get behind) .
    True dat!
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Xorbon

People seem to either love Pizza Hut, or hate Pizza Hut. At least that's my experience.

Pizza Hut
      Pizza Hut is way way too expensive for a pizza place.
      "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
      "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Originally posted by Krill
        The dough Good toppings help, and so does having a great cheese, but if the dough is awful the pizza is always awful.
        QFT

Comment

This is a trick question.

No pizza is better than the dough and the way it's baked.
          After that comes topping and sauce on equal basis.

Who the heck are so insane that they put cheese on a pizza
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
            I called Pizza Hut and asked for "a cheese pie with extra Oregano please" Their reply? "What's Oregano?" I **** you not. So I said, "its one of the spices used in the making of pizza." "Oh, we use flavor crystals". "Okthanksbye"

That was the last time I've used Pizza Hut here in the US. Had a few in the Phils where the options are few...

You can get a better pie out of a cows arse.
            PIZZA HUT PIE

COW PIE FROM COWS ARSE

Hmm..exactly what criteria gave the cow pie the edge?
            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

You alluded to it in the opening post. No consensus, because one attribute can ruin all the others.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Xorbon

That would be enough to turn me off Pizza Hut. My brother worked there and he loves Pizza Hut too. If they used "flavor crystals" on their pizzas, I don't think he would still like it.

So hopefully the Pizza Hut you tried to order from was an exception.

I still have Gino's pizza to fall back on. There they use real sliced sausage instead of those "sausage balls" that a lot of places use.
                Yeah, "sausage balls" would make me wonder if its really sausage because sausage isn't supposed to have balls. Ahem.

There are places in the country that are pizza abomination of desolation areas. I know, I live in one. Where are you at?
                Long time member @ Apolyton
                Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Dough. It's where most bad pizzas fail.
                  OK, I don't want old mussels on my frutti di mare either, but I never got them, luckily. The tomato/cheese mix may make a pizza better or worse, but if the dough is right, it's generally at least bearable.
                  "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                  "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
                    Im a more of a toppings guy

Since 1976 when I was in the U S Army, I have loved Dominoes, never had Pizza delivered before then, we came from back in the woods.

But last several years, I really have enjoyed Pizza Hut Meat Lovers Pizza

I do agree with you Jonny, cheese is important, as is the right sauce, love a nice thick n rich marianara sauce ..not so uch thick crust but certainly not thin crust

Oh and size does matter, 48" pizza is perfect
                    HELP!!!!!!!

Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

i'd say dough, cheese and sauce.

cheese and sauce are the tastiest.

a bad dough can ruin it.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat
                        This is a trick question.

No pizza is better than the dough and the way it's baked.
                        After that comes topping and sauce on equal basis.

Most pizza in the U.S., at least, have sauce on the crust, then cheese, then toppings.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat
                          The Italians... and then we borrowed that basic idea.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand

Most pizza in the U.S., at least, have sauce on the crust, then cheese, then toppings.
                            Yeah, I know - most pizzas are with cheese - unfortunatedly I get sick eating cheese, so I always demand "no cheese". It even works in Rome
                            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

The Italians... and then we borrowed that basic idea.
                              See #28

Steven Weinberg

Comment

So what you are saying is that you are a freak?
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X