I have faith in America, and Americans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arrian

I cared about Bachmann/Tinklenberg as well. Unfortunately, MN-6 decided that McCarthyism is just a-ok.

-Arrian
    Yeah, sad. I didn't think she had a chance.

Also sad that the Franken-Coleman race is so close. There are a lot of things to dislike about Franken, but, in this anti-Bush climate, it's pretty shocking that his lapdog Coleman even stood a chance.
    The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

Bachmann is a disappointment in an otherwise joyous night. Obama represented hope and a lot of people wanted to feel that again. I do feel he represents King's dream -- a man selected for his views, not the color of his skin. He went thru a 20 month vetting period and won again and again. BK can bitterly throw out quotes from February to make a point already disproved, but he cannot deny that Obama out-organized and outspoke every opponent at every step.

In response to Ben's remark about no one noticing him if he was white, he is white, 1/2 white. It is Ben's politics and complaints that sound trite -- old and bitter and clining to the past. Come join the future!
      No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
      "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyMartini
        Also sad that the Franken-Coleman race is so close. There are a lot of things to dislike about Franken, but, in this anti-Bush climate, it's pretty shocking that his lapdog Coleman even stood a chance.

Lapdog? Coleman is basically the definition of a moderate Republican. I'm estatic that he may win over the loudmouth uber-partisan Franken.

Only to a partisan Dem can you vote against Bush's plan to increase troop levels in Iraq and still be called his lapdog.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
        X