My Vote is Cast!: Poly Exit Poll/Polling Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elok
    I was in and out in no time. It helps to live in the middle of nowhere. Obama/Biden; yes to keeping all three current appeals judges though I know nothing about them; voted for the Democrat Kratovil because my parents like him, I lean Democrat anyway and I'm too lazy to research. No on slots, yes on the early-voting initiative. That was it.

EDIT: Did some belated, very cursory Wiki-research on Kratovil and his opponent Williams. Kratovil doesn't seem like a bad state's attorney and Williams has a rage-on for the homosexuals, so I guess I voted right. Yes, I voted for the 1/535th of one-half of Congress who would truly serve my interests!
    Whoa, you're in MD-01? That's my old district and where my parents live now.

I was so mad when Gilchrest lost the GOP primary. He might very well be the last truly decent Republican in the House. But it was awesome to see him endorse both Kratovil and Obama .

I REALLY hope that seat flips to the Democrats, if just to show the Republicans what happens when they force out moderates in favor of wingnuts.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Makahlua

Well, in -my- first election in '92, I voted for Perot, if that gives you a hint
      Well, I worked on the 1976 and 1980 campaigns of Jimmy Carter. (if that gives you a hint)

I still think he is a very decent man, as his post-presidential life has borne out.
      And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Originally posted by rah

I'm happy to say that I voted for Nixon that year also. It was my first presidential election.
        Weren't you the guy who was going on about how grateful we had to be to your generation for their work in changing society and civil rights and so on, and it turns out that you voted for the race-baiting, war-mongering Nixon, who was the antithesis of everything your generation supposedly stood for?

Zero cred, rah. Zero cred...
        Only feebs vote.

Comment

The Republicans gave me a voting guide...

There was a line, but after waiting 10ish minutes, someone came and asked for people with last names beginning with k-q, and then I went to the front of the line.

Only three choices to make for my vote as well.

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I voted last week. Brian Moore/Stewart Alexander and of course, I voted for me for Congress.

The line was short, but the ballot was rather complicated. I got in in five minutes, and it took at least ten to vote. We have an optical scanning type ballot, which despite its problems, actually has the least errors and problems associated with it.

Afterwords, they gave me a sticker that said, "My Vote Counted," but this being Florida, I don't believe them.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Well, after work this evening I went immediately to where I was to vote (a public elementary school).

I had to wait THREE to FIVE MINUTES in the line!

I was a little disappointed that Harvey Milk was not brought back to life so I could write him in as my choice for president but then I remembered how excited I was to vote for Obama.

And now I have to try to get to bed at a reasonable hour without staying glued to the television - I'm confident of the outcome, but still, to be able to watch the details unfold anyway.
              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Jeez... your jokes may be even worse than I remembered.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                  Whoa, you're in MD-01? That's my old district and where my parents live now.
                  A gay man stuck living here? How did you escape the lynch mobs?

But yeah, Maryland's first district. Do you know Tuckahoe State Park? It's right across the street from me.
                  1011 1100
                  Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I'm voting on Friday.

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

I walked by the local polling place (an AME church) this morning and there was a line about 1.5 blocks long. A 2 hour wait I'm guessing. So I decided to vote later.

Later in the day, it started raining. I voted in about 3 minutes total. No line at all.
                      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

You voted? In DC? Why?
                        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Killing it is the new killing it
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon

Weren't you the guy who was going on about how grateful we had to be to your generation for their work in changing society and civil rights and so on, and it turns out that you voted for the race-baiting, war-mongering Nixon, who was the antithesis of everything your generation supposedly stood for?

Zero cred, rah. Zero cred...
                          ... indeed!
                          "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                          "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Originally posted by Elok

A gay man stuck living here? How did you escape the lynch mobs?

But yeah, Maryland's first district. Do you know Tuckahoe State Park? It's right across the street from me.
                            I went to college.

Don't know the state park. My hometown is Salisbury.

EDIT: And Kravotil won by about 1,000 votes, it appears. YAY!
                            Last edited by Boris Godunov; November 5, 2008, 04:03.
                            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I'm in the same district as Lonestar; voted Obama, Warner, Fimian, yes bonds.

(voted absentee)

Comment

We may have lost this time, but there will be a reckoning.

Banana 2012
                                "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

Working...
                                X