everything you think you know is fake
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
        everything you think you know is fake
        That is not true.

Everything is in plain sight. It's just that people invent stories to prevent themselves seeing it as it is.

Exhibit A: people complaining about consumerism and commercialization who then shop at organic supermarkets.
        Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
          Exhibit A: people complaining about consumerism and commercialization who then shop at organic supermarkets.
          they do have to eat to continue living. should they go live in the jungle instead?

Comment

they do have to eat to continue living. should they go live in the jungle instead?
            You do you what I mean by organic, right?

Why don't they buy ordinary food instead of buying organic vegetables? The whole point of organic vegetables is for upper middle class liberals to feel morally superior to other people. Yet, these are the same people who decry consumer brainwashing when it comes to kids buying the latest rap record or people buying fashionable clothes.

The anti-consumerism movement is a walking contradiction. It's exactly the same thing as it pretends to oppose, and in some cases is worse.

Yet much of our social discourse is based on the notion that acts of "individualism" are somehow anti-consumer and big business. This is complete BS. "Individualism" and "authenticity" are the chief drivers of competitive consumption, which produces what the same people whine about as "consumerism".

Vast numbers of books have been written and theories crafted in order to mask this obvious truth. It's a particularly insidious form of class warfare.

Or how about another one? Large numbers of people believe that 9/11 was an inside job. The truth is more mundane: the government can't really protect people from things like this, but people want to feel protected, so politicians pretend they can keep them safe. Moreover, people who whine that there was no airport security on 9/11 are the same people who would have screamed bloody murder if they had been inconvenienced by it.

Or the one about Al Qaeda being this super network of incredibly evil geniuses, when in fact, they are a bunch of unprofessional putzes who mess up half the time.
            Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
              Why don't they buy ordinary food instead of buying organic vegetables?
              because organic is better?

Comment

It's not.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Woah, MarkG pushing Zeitgeist!? Apolyton gets a gold star today.

Comment

Sometimes it depends on the organic. Organic Skim Milk tastes far better than the "regular" kind, IMO.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by HalfLotus
                      Woah, MarkG pushing Zeitgeist!?
                      i'm just posting some food for thought and discussion. it's what i usually do on apolyton

of course we are so far discussing organic milk but that's also usual for apolyton

Comment

because organic is better?
                        They have no nutritional improvement over non-organic foods, and they don't taste better either. Dozens of studies have proved this.

I would say it is a con, but it isn't. People buy them as a form of competitive consumption and just work themselves into believing there is a difference.
                        Only feebs vote.

Comment

A study made on Imran shows otherwise

Comment

No idea where Aggie lives, but in UK it makes a difference, it's still crap comparing to real food, but not as bad as "normal" plastic stuff that people buy in the grocery section...
                            Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                            GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

A study made on Imran shows otherwise
                              He's a lawyer, and thus a liar, so don't believe him.
                              Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
                              X