Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sarah Palin (who else?): Ayers=Terrorist. Abortion bombers? Not so much.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agathon
    As you know, I don't think democracy is of much use in a post-political age,
    Yes, I know. What I don't know is what you replace it with (I assume you don't feel communism & dem are mutually exclusive).
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Theben

Yes, I know. What I don't know is what you replace it with (I assume you don't feel communism & dem are mutually exclusive).
      I don't.

Barring some incredible streak of luck, we are pretty much screwed as a species. We might get lucky and stumble upon a Marxist equilibrium, but I honestly do not think we have the time.

Politics for any reason other than theoretical interest (which for people like me is still a draw) is an enterprise with such drastically low expectation of return, that it makes today's stock market look good.
      Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Snuggles

Yeah! It should be Americvnt!
        But that doesn't even have enough vowels to sa-...

...aaaahhhh, I get it now. Very good.
        "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Somehow, it's easier to type that word than to say it.
          B♭3

Comment

I think the lovely Ms. Palin's formula re: who is a terrorist and who is not, is ultimately tied to the liklihood that she'll get that person's vote.

The religious fundy nutjobs who go around bombing clinics think she's all that and a bag of chips...bad form to call your base terrorists, so of course, they get a pass...

-=Vel=-

(please God, let it be over quickly...I'm not sure how much more of this I can stand)
            The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon

I don't.

Barring some incredible streak of luck, we are pretty much screwed as a species. We might get lucky and stumble upon a Marxist equilibrium, but I honestly do not think we have the time.

Politics for any reason other than theoretical interest (which for people like me is still a draw) is an enterprise with such drastically low expectation of return, that it makes today's stock market look good.
              If that's the way you feel about politics, why don't you stop wasting your time and shut the &$%* up about it.
              The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

QFT.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

It's not really QFT if you don't Q it, Asher.

WRT the OP (wow, I'm using lots of abbrevs.), both are terrorists. The difference is that Ayers was a pathetic, ineffectual terrorist, whereas I hear abortion clinic bombers/snipers have scared most clinics into such draconian security measures that they now function at something like fifty percent optimum capacity.

See, right-wing terrorists get the job done. Who do YOU want answering that phone at 3 AM? Vote McCain/Palin
                  1011 1100
                  Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

That is a good point. So far, the most successful U.S. terrorists have all been right-wingers. Timothy McVeigh, Eric Rudolph, Abraham Lincoln...
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Well, it's my understanding that Ayers often gave advance warning before the bombs blew to get people to evacuate, and thus tried to minimize the number of human casualties.

So yeah, that's kinda bad form for terrorists, because the notion is the more you kill, the more terror you sow.

Abortion-clinic bombers and snipers seem to have a higher kill rate.
                      B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                        It's not really QFT if you don't Q it, Asher.
                        He's using the Quite ****ing True version of QFT.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyMartini

If that's the way you feel about politics, why don't you stop wasting your time and shut the &$%* up about it.
                          Can you not read?

Are you unaware of the meaning of the phrase "theoretical interest"?
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

His idea was that you owed the state almost everything, and so you had to abide by its collective decisions (if it was a democracy) or leave it.
                            Thank God the Framers rejected communism

Olbermann just showed clips of Palin calling herself a feminist in one and rejecting the use of labels in another, she lamented how people label each other by place, culture etc etc all the while apparently oblivious to the fact she's running the country labeling this part or that as patriot pro-American God fearing yada yada. Geez...

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker

Thank God the Framers rejected communism
                              I'm sure the Ancient Athenians would be puzzled at that comparison. In many ways, if you were a male citizen, they enjoyed a much freer society than we do.
                              Only feebs vote.

Comment

Yeah! Murder doctors and nurses for political goals and you're not a terrorist!
                                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X