Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sarah Palin (who else?): Ayers=Terrorist. Abortion bombers? Not so much.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I am not an Athenian or a Greek, but a citizen of the world." -Socrates

"

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon

You should take responsibility for her. It's your country. Kudos for the laughs you give, though.
      You may have a point but that's only if McCain wins. Right now she's just the bulldog to satiate the base. I'm not part of that base, so I have no responsibility for McCain's choice.

If, however, she takes office, I will feel a little responsible for not having done enough to stop it.
      "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
      ^ The Poly equivalent of:
      "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Originally posted by EPW
        "I am not an Athenian or a Greek, but a citizen of the world." -Socrates

That's from Plutarch. Who are you going to trust, the guy who actually knew him, or some dude hundreds of years later? I suspect a heavy dose of Stoic influence in that attribution, since they held Socrates as a foundational figure, and were the people most responsible for the cosmopolitan idea.

The entire argument of the Crito contradicts this cosmopolitan sentiment. You can read the entire dialogue in a short sitting. I once translated it myself.
        Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian

Oh, I'm well aware.

-Arrian
          Why aren't you taking responsibility then? I reckon about 10 years in a monastery per citizen ought to do it.
          Only feebs vote.

Comment

basically if you target the Capitol and the beloved Pentagon, you're a terrorist. otherwise, it may differ. dont see anything wrong there
            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

What a vile, loathesome woman she is.
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Combine this with McCain air-quoting "health of the mother" in the debates, and you've got a duo of seriously nasty woman-haters.
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

You obvious don't understand the argument on "health of the mother". I don't agree with it, but it isn't a bad one.

Besides, at least McCain does pay women in his Senate staff on average the same as the men... unlike Obama
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                    basically if you target the Capitol and the beloved Pentagon, you're a terrorist. otherwise, it may differ. dont see anything wrong there
                    So in Palin's mind, those who attacked the Pentagon, and attempted to attack Washington, D.C on 9/11 were Terrorists, but those that attacked the World Trade Center weren't?
                    And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

The WTC is in fake America.

-Arrian
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Ayers= terrorist

McVeigh |= terrorist

Combine this with McCain air-quoting "health of the mother" in the debates, and you've got a duo of seriously nasty woman-haters.

Only dems are sexist, so clearly you are in error!
                        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                          I wish this stupid election would be over. I still can't believe people think it matters that much. People are going to look back on our age (if there are any people left) and wonder how we could be hypnotized by such pseudo politics.
                          Out of curiousity, how do you view the elections in your own country?
                          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Theben

Out of curiousity, how do you view the elections in your own country?
                            A lot less stupid than yours, but similarly worthless (when New Zealanders think your election is inane and moronic, you know you're really in trouble). There's an election coming up, but I can't say I've been following it. I did hear that a well-known conservative candidate (and closet homosexual) managed to offend both the entire Pacific Island community and the entire Asian community with a couple of well placed racist remarks (apparently the former have to be taught by white people to use toilets, and the latter have small and delicate hands that are perfect for picking fruit). It's funny, but not as funny as some years ago when the leader of our (small but vocal) right wing fundamentalist gay-bashing party was convicted as a paedophile.

As you know, I don't think democracy is of much use in a post-political age, but that's just me and my general political nihilism (with a smiley face). I don't know which I detest more, the naive faith that voting makes any real difference, or the efforts of the unctuous press which is intended to make people believe that it does (and they really should know better).

If I lived in your brother's district, I would break my habit and vote for him though.

It will be great when it is over, and we can return to genuine fake news again.
                            Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                              You obvious don't understand the argument on "health of the mother". I don't agree with it, but it isn't a bad one.
                              No, I understood it. And yes, it has been abused.

But to air-quote it and say it in a sneering tone is not the way to go about pointing out the excesses.
                              B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Snuggles

No, I understood it. And yes, it has been abused.

But to air-quote it and say it in a sneering tone is not the way to go about pointing out the excesses.
                                Precisely. Given that McCain has a track record of some rather condescending and nasty behavior towards women, it fit a pattern all too well.
                                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                                X