Will Obama Be Assassinated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
    There's a large difference between speculating on McCain's proven track record of poor health and very real possibility of dying while in office because of it, leading to a potential Palin presidency, and speculating on the active, intentional murder of a presidential candidate. One weighs heavily on a candidate's fitness for the presidency in the first place, and the other is utterly abhorrent in US politics, healthy candidate or not.
    No, this can be and is IMO a serious discussion. Something abhorrent would be something like betting on his death, like the Celebrity Dead Pool.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I like that McCain has a "proven track record of poor health"...sounds like a political attack ad.
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
        "Christian, Nazi nutjobs" Nice. However I think its much more likely that some Godless, commie, demon spawn freak show disappointed that Obama can't cradle to grave him like the world owes the girly boy do nothing fruitloop a freakin living is much more likely to commit such an insane act.
        Sensitive much?
        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
          There's a large difference between speculating on McCain's proven track record of poor health and very real possibility of dying while in office because of it, leading to a potential Palin presidency, and speculating on the active, intentional murder of a presidential candidate. One weighs heavily on a candidate's fitness for the presidency in the first place, and the other is utterly abhorrent in US politics, healthy candidate or not.
          [What Theben said.] It's an issue of tone, not subject, and the tone here has been every bit as serious and respectful as it was when people discussed the "largely different" risk of a McCain death in office.
          Last edited by Darius871; October 21, 2008, 22:31.
          Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by Theben

Sensitive much?
            Parts...
            Long time member @ Apolyton
            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
              I don't get why this is a taboo subject. It is going to be a very real danger in an Obama presidency.

Who were the last few "transformational" figures in US presidential politics? Reagan and the Kennedy brothers. Two for 3 with a pretty good shot at the third.

Hopefully security around Presidents and candidates has improved to the point where any plots will be unlikely to succeed.
              You forgot the Nutcase lady in San Francisco that try to kill President Ford.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius871

[What Theben said.] It's an issue of tone, not subject, and the tone here has been every bit as serious and respectful as it was when people discussed the "largely different" risk of a McCain death in office.
                We'll leave it at that then; we don't disagree.
                The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by Theben

No, this can be and is IMO a serious discussion. Something abhorrent would be something like betting on his death, like the Celebrity Dead Pool.
                  Ohh, nice troll.

Thanks for the plug.
                  "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                  "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Yes (to the poll question) - unless he disappoints his followers immensely.

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil

Ohh, nice troll.

Thanks for the plug.
                      ...Why do you guys think I chose him as number one on my list back in December?
                      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

I am still batting 0-for-20 on my list.

Anyway, is there a risk? Yes. Would it be significantly different than the risk to W, or Clinton? Probably not.
                        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I hate to be insensitive, but there would be a bright side - a national tragedy of this magnitude would give Biden (or Pelosi if god forbid Biden's taken out too) a huge popular mandate to pass and implement every measure Obama ever promised and then some, whereas Obama would have been lucky to get even a quarter of what he promises through even a non-filibuster-proof Senate.
                          Nixon '68.

That, btw, is the only time that the Democrats have won a popular majority, since the depression.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

It's way too early in the morning for that kind of liquor.
                            "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                            -Bokonon

Comment

Orange juice is liquor now?

Man this must be some powerful stuff.
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Supposing for the moment that the Great Depression lasted through November of 1944....

"Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                                -Bokonon

Comment

Working...
                                X