The Serious US Election Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elok
    I voted for "Barrack" Obama. Presumptively he changed his name as part of a shameless appeal to the military vote, but I still like him better than McCain.
    Ah crap. I can't edit it either.

I spelled Tits McGee right though.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Gallup may still be figuring in the "Bradley Effect", despite all the poll pros saying it practically disappeared as the Democratic primary season ended. So they may be fudging it 5% McCain's way.
      "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

Bob Barr
        Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Gallup may still be figuring in the "Bradley Effect", despite all the poll pros saying it practically disappeared as the Democratic primary season ended. So they may be fudging it 5% McCain's way.
          WTF?

The reason the polls are tighter is because the previous polls were all rooting for Obama, and they don't want to look like fools come election day.

Sure, go on and believe that a poll that shows them even is in McCain's favour by 5 percent. Why on earth would Gallup do this when they haven't been doing this at all throughout the year?
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Can't vote, but McCain /Palin ticket for me.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Can't vote, John McCain

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
                The reason the polls are tighter is because the previous polls were all rooting for Obama, and they don't want to look like fools come election day.
                Says the man who thinks McCain will get +300 EVs.
                "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
                  Can't vote, but McCain /Palin ticket for me.
                  FFS why shouldn't you be able to vote?

Comment

Nader
                    "

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
                      Actually... wow, I did even better than that. The Libertarian is yellow (the new color for the LP) and the Green party is... Green.
                      Does this mean that Tits McGee is a Republican candidate?

Comment

FFS why shouldn't you be able to vote?
                        Because I'm not a citizen of the land of the free?

Did you miss the thread where I said I was voting in the Canadian election?

Comment

Probably did.

Comment

Re: The Serious US Election Poll

Originally posted by OzzyKP

If you aren't old enough or aren't registered (due to foreignness for example) pick the appropriate option.
                            Ozzy are you discriminating against the young.

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
                              Obama.

Gallup poll shows Obama with +2% lead in likely voters. It ain't over yet, folks.
                              OTOH, IIRC their methodology for separating "likely" voters excludes based on whether one voted in the previous few elections. Given that this election will involve far more first-time registrants than ever, and that first-time registrants substantially lean Obama, the likely voter polls would seem less accurate than ever.
                              Unbelievable!

Comment

Don't rely on first-time voters. Its easy to register, but actually voting requires more time and effort than many people are able to deal with. Many states do not allow by mail absentee voting for first-time voters, which hurts student participation.

Also, both parties train their election judges to challenge first-time voters, mostly to produce identification. If the person had already spent a half-hour getting to the front of the line, many will not return when they have to go and get an ID. And yes, the letter you get from the local election board tells you to bring ID, but how many of those letters actually get read?
                                "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

Working...
                                X