No announcement yet.

Your Opinion of this Video (political)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn't he just spouting the traditional conservative right wing point of view? Nothing new here.
    If conservative = democrat.

Democrats have always been about immigration restrictions, just look back at Wilson.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

"Aroused citizenry"

Comment

Originally posted by VJ View Post
        This comparison makes plenty of sense, since the Italians refused to speak English, flew Italian flags over US flags in flagpoles, and Italian politicians lobbied for Italians living in New York to have voting rights before going through the citizenship naturalization process applied to all other immigrant groups and talked about conquering the mid-atlantic states and annexing them to Italy in the name of "reconquista".

Read history before using it, or you'll only end up misusing it. Your comment is a cliched talking point with no historical justification.
        You are coming across as partisan if not borderline clueless. The examples you give above (I assume they are a parody of spanish speaking immigrants) only exist as a tiny minority of immigrants. Most immigrant parents try to learn some English, and make sure their kids learn it. In fact there was a backlash by immigrant parents in California several years ago against enrolling their children in Spanish language/culture classes precisely b/c they wanted their children to fit into the culture/learn English.
        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
          If conservative = democrat.

Democrats have always been about immigration restrictions, just look back at Wilson.
          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Working...
          X