Debate the Debate's Debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think so.

I think Obama made a couple of good jabs at McCain; Obama may have passed up on other chances but he didn't do that bad of a job in being aggressive during at least a couple points in the debate.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
      I agree with those saying Obama played defensively waaay too much. McCain was more on offense. Obama could have hammered McCain a few times if he wanted to, but mostly out of Obama, you heard a lot of "John/Senator McCain is right" while McCain said a lot of "Senator Obama just doesn't understand", etc.
      You must have been watching the FOX talking heads.

And a majority of people thought Obama was going to win because of his eloquence on stump speeches (according to polling)... the expectations bar tends to be pretty big sometimes in these debates.

Eh, I gave up on that awhile ago... if you've noticed he keeps regurgitating the same phrases over and over with little changing if at all. He could at least use some new verbage.
      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I was surrounded by the most partisan hacks who made up their mind before they saw the debate. Why watch a debate if you know who will win beforehand. I am glad I sent her to the hospital. (she didn't really go but faked it I think)

Comment

I agree with those saying Obama played defensively waaay too much. McCain was more on offense. Obama could have hammered McCain a few times if he wanted to, but mostly out of Obama, you heard a lot of "John/Senator McCain is right" while McCain said a lot of "Senator Obama just doesn't understand", etc.

It made Obama look like he was following along. Based on policies, it was even, but on how they conducted themselves, McCain gets a slight victory.

And a majority of people thought Obama was going to win because of his eloquence on stump speeches (according to polling)... the expectations bar tends to be pretty big sometimes in these debates.
          That's true, and it made Obama nervous and it got him to interupt McCain's time several times. I think that might hurt Obama in places where interupting is still taboo. It also showed him as weak and unable to take it. However when he spoke he spoke strong, and that countered much of that I think.
          Long time member @ Apolyton
          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
            MCCAIN WON HANDS DOWN. Anyone who claims otherwise either has AIDS or is Terry Mcaulligfph. At all of McCain's zingers, I cheered; but Obama's left me feeling empty, and I booed them. This continued for forty minutes until a female with an Obama pin spilled her drink on me and I punched her in the face. Does anyone here know a free attorney in the DC area who isn't a public defender? I'm not spending my inheritance checks on this.
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
              MrFun, I thought McCain's comment that if you tax business too heavy they'll move out was spot on. Obama said something I liked too, that he would cut tax breaks to corps that moved overseas. I'll give that one to Obama because even though McCain is right about taxes on business, a penalty to go along with those taxes might just counter the continued exit of business.

Point Obama.
              Point Obama for noting that even though taxes on corps are high, with so many loopholes they hardly pay anything.
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
                I was surrounded by the most partisan hacks who made up their mind before they saw the debate.
                Did you get lost in the Hall of Mirrors at the local carny again?

Comment

Originally posted by Theben

Point Obama for noting that even though taxes on corps are high, with so many loopholes they hardly pay anything.
                  FACT! Obama won that exchange imo, and that was a central point in the exchange.
                  Long time member @ Apolyton
                  Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
                    You must have been watching the FOX talking heads.
                    I watched NBC and CNN, so pwned!!!
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I hate to say it but I'm pretty sure Clinton would have done much better.

Comment

Why did you ever think that Sen Clinton wouldn't have done better in debates than Sen Obama?
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I watched NBC and CNN, so pwned!!!
                          Bah, commie networks for a commie pwn.

Comment

Obama should have said: "You are lying John, you are a Lying SOB" That might have set McCain off.
                            "

Comment

Why did you ever think that Sen Clinton wouldn't have done better in debates than Sen Obama?
                              I thought Obama would be much better than this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious

I thought Obama would be much better than this.
                                I was forewarned he wouldn't be so good in debates.
                                "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                                -Joan Robinson

Comment

Working...
                                X