Debate the Debate's Debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with Patroklos.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I disagree with McCain about not going back to the cold war. When Russian tanks overran much of Georgia the cold war restarted.
      Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

The biggest gaffe by both of them was not proposing anything different after the financial meltdown.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Nah, I don't think so. It is something different and significant, but not the Cold War.
          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

OMG LETS NUKE RUSSIA!!
            "

Comment

A cold war by any other name ...

Comment

Originally posted by EPW
                OMG LETS NUKE RUSSIA!!
                That's a HOT war. See, there's a difference.

Comment

Both of them implied that we should go to war with Russia if they invade Ukraine.
                  "

Comment

Well i think this goes constatnly from side to side.

Obama's platform looks really shaky from this debate.

I've watched a part of the economy questions, and a part about the Middle Eat and Obama's answers to each question can be summed up as:

1) Describe what we have been doing wrong
                    2) "When I'm president, this is going to change.
                    3) "We're going to solve this".
                    4) Yay!

This is while McCain usually has

1) I faced this before, and I have credit in solving these problems:
                    2) list of similar problems, and claiming he helped solve them
                    3) laying out concrete strategies.

Now McCain's strategies can be good or they could be bad. Laying out bad strategies is of course harmful to him.

But Obama is strongly focusing on how Bush's been wrong for 8 years, with little concrete advice for the future.

Most of his statements about what he will do are about his goals and what he wants to achieve, and very little about the method he'll do that with.

Everytime Obama says something specific, McCain has a good reply and seems to out-plan him.

Comment

Ohh, the mod had to stomp on Obama...twice! HA About time.

Comment

Did Obama just call Venezuala a rogue state?
                        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

I missed that. Typing. Did he?

Comment

Originally posted by Sirotnikov
                            Well i think this goes constatnly from side to side.

Obama's platform looks really shaky from this debate.

I've watched a part of the economy questions, and a part about the Middle Eat and Obama's answers to each question can be summed up as:

1) Describe what we have been doing wrong
                            2) "When I'm president, this is going to change.
                            3) "We're going to solve this".
                            4) Yay!

This is while McCain usually has

1) I faced this before, and I have credit in solving these problems:
                            2) list of similar problems, and claiming he helped solve them
                            3) laying out concrete strategies.

Now McCain's strategies can be good or they could be bad. Laying out bad strategies is of course harmful to him.

But Obama is strongly focusing on how Bush's been wrong for 8 years, with little concrete advice for the future.

Most of his statements about what he will do are about his goals and what he wants to achieve, and very little about the method he'll do that with.

Everytime Obama says something specific, McCain has a good reply and seems to out-plan him.
                            Agreed, though most of McCain's proposals are crazy.
                            "

Comment

Obama is right about suitcase bombs. Impossible to defend the borders/ports however.

Comment

McCain always has the surge in his back pocket, and he's right.

Comment

Working...
                                X