Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I missed that. Typing. Did he?
    Yep.
    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

They'll be interested to learn that.
      Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by EPW
        Agreed, though most of McCain's proposals are crazy.
        Agreed.

But they might just work

Originally posted by Patroklos
        Did Obama just call Venezuala a rogue state?
        Didn't listen.

But I did hear Obama say "clealy you'd agree with me, China and Russia are not democracies".

Correct me if I'm wrong, this is the first time such a direct statement on the state of Russian politics hasbeen made by a major political figure.

Comment

It's over. McCain expressed his ideas better then Obama but he also lied a lot. Obama had better ideas but did not express them as well. No clear winner for me.

Edit: Fox News declared McCain the winner the moment it ended, reading back specific quotes of McCain lying and claiming this worked against Obama.

Comment

Siro, about time too. I'll give Obama points for that.

Comment

Obama's left handed.

Is McCain left-handed too?
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Overall, blah.

Each made some good zingers, but usually wasted them by then yammering on incoherently. And thats another thing, zingers. No real substantial or substantive ***** slaps, just the same lame and unimportant gotchas from the campaign commercials.

I wish I had gone out drinking earlier
                "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

It was a horrible debate. It might as well not have happened.
                  "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                    Obama's left handed.

Vote Asher. I ask the important questions.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                      Obama's left handed.

Torture wounds.

Comment

Obama was a little better on the economy (I expected better), but McCain took the foreign policy portion rather handily.
                        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by EPW
                          It was a horrible debate. It might as well not have happened.
                          QFT
                          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Well he should have. That's his strong suit.

McCain needed to win big tonight. I don't think he did well enough.
                            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Eh. Both avoided actually answering most of the questions directed their way, as they more or less had to in order to not get buried in attack ads later ("what would you cut?"). Also it's not like they could actually propose a way to balance the budget, just a bunch of tiny little whittles that sound big.

Standard American debate, really, but I felt enormously thankful that we had our first presidential debate in twelve years wherein neither candidate was a complete blithering idiot.
                              1011 1100
                              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I think Obama has done a great job in challenging the misperception that he is unknowledgeable about foreign affairs.

On another note, about 30 minutes before the debate tonight I had an interesting phone conversation with one of my sisters. This sister of mine is the most conservative among us children in our family - for example, she is very much anti-abortion. She has even said insensitive things when talking about black people in the past (more unwittingly I think rather than harboring strong racism).

Yet, in our phone conversation we talked about who each of us is voting for and she has said she is voting for Obama because she believes Obama is much more genuinely sympathetic toward the middle class. This could be one of key voting groups Obama needs to win - otherwise socially conservative voters who have the economic jitters enough to vote for a Democrat. If people similar to my sister in this aspect follow suit, Obama has a stronger chance to win the election.
                                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                                X