Obama and Abortion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lancer
    I certainly would want to, but no I would not object. To do so would put a strain on a relationship that she would need at a difficult psycological moment. She's been raped. There's two people there. If I cannot help the baby I still want to be able to help my (hypothetical) sister.

Though this thread is about living aborted babies who are left to die alone through neglect. Sir Og, I've answered your question. Will you now please take the time and watch the videos?
    I will when I get home.
    Quendelie axan!

Comment

The premise of the debate over legalised abortion is that making abortion illegal will stop people having abortions. It will not. That much can be seen in countries where it is illegal.
      If you are pro life you are probably not against abortions to stop abortions, but against abortion to stop murder.

In that light, your reasonings above is as absurd as not outlawing murder because murders will still happen, or not outlawing rape becaue rape will still happen.
      Last edited by Patroklos; September 16, 2008, 11:42.
      "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
        Just because it is legal doesn't stop it from being murder.
        Actually, of course it does. An execution is ending a human life, but we don't prosecute executioners because they did their killing with the backing of the Law. Murder is unlawful killing. Killing done with the support of the Law is be definition not murder.
        If you don't like reality, change it! me
        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
          I, btw, absolutely HATE this line of argument. I invariably respond to it by saying that women shouldn't be involved in legislation for funding prostate cancer research.
          Last time I looked, people would send women and the doctors who performed abortion to jail. I don't think experiementing on drugs for prostate cancer will ever devolve into a CRIMINAL issue, so I find this arguement very incomplete and inadequate.

Comment

What about Gianna's question?

Ok, regarding a 'woman's right to choose' she asked something like "what about my rights?" You see, she got cerebral palsy from being aborted. Perhaps she considered that being aborted contravened her rights.
            So what? Fetuses don't have rights. Only creatures that can ask for and defend rights have rights.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Asking me a question actually, and I'm not here to argue with anyone. I'm passing the question on to the woman who can best answer it.
              No, you're trolling and avoiding the issue.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
                This smoke screen worn thin years ago. My not wanting to murder human beings has nothing to do with any desire to dominate a woman’s body.
                If you don't want to murder human beings, why are you in the military?

Comment

If you are pro life you are probably not against abortions to stop abortions, but against abortion to stop murder.
                  Except that many people who are anti-choice are also anti-contraception. This is not an issue of defending babies. This is an issue of male supremacy.

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Snuggles

No, you're trolling and avoiding the issue.

Totally -- thread should be deleted if the thread starter won't even debate the issue. It's been a civil discussion, and "you should ask her" is a total cop out.
                    The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

The fact is medicine and the pro-life crowds are not consistent. It would be easier to pretend they are not knowingly rationalizing the destruction of human life for convenience if they could moderate self absorption through consistency. They can’t, thus their motives are laid bare.
                      What does this mean? I'm assuming you meant pro-choice, not pro-life, but I'm still having a little trouble. What motive are you implying?
                      The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Snuggles

So what? Fetuses don't have rights. Only creatures that can ask for and defend rights have rights.
                        Newborn babies can't do that as well.
                        Blah

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                          Last time I looked, people would send women and the doctors who performed abortion to jail. I don't think experiementing on drugs for prostate cancer will ever devolve into a CRIMINAL issue, so I find this arguement very incomplete and inadequate.
                          Talk about missing the point.

The idea is that our representatives can and should vote on things that don't directly impact their lives. Otherwise, nothing would ever get passed. Just because you don't feel the direct impact doesn't mean you can't understand the issues involved.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

What does this mean? I'm assuming you meant pro-choice, not pro-life, but I'm still having a little trouble. What motive are you implying?

I think that he's referring to the fact that we feast on the flesh of fetuses. Patty found us out!
                            "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                            -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Talk about missing the point.

The idea is that our representatives can and should vote on things that don't directly impact their lives. Otherwise, nothing would ever get passed. Just because you don't feel the direct impact doesn't mean you can't understand the issues involved.
                              Sorry, but that doesn't save the bad comparison.

It is a biological reality that men and women do NOT have equal roles in procreation. Any legislation related to procreation is bound to affect women far more than men. And yes, individual of either sex can understand and ennunciate the moral or medical issues involved, but in the end, it is still an issue about what is going on inside a woman's body, and women can't run away from their kids in the same way men can.

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
                                Newborn babies can't do that as well.
                                They don't have rights either.

Comment

Working...
                                X