Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

-Jrabbit...

Originally posted by Lancer
    You guys need to go to the OP and check out the videos to know what this discussion is about.

These babys are being aborted and surviving the process. They are then being either killed or allowed to die alone of neglect.

Gianna was just such a baby. Watch her interview, watch the O'Riely interview with the nurse in the first link.
    I'll put the links here...

On this link, click the link and then click the O'Reilly interview on the right hand side of the page

Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

I didn't say they were. Though the most vociferous are, and I distrust them immediately on that basis.

I mentioned the Rel. Right simply b/c they are driving the political effort to repeal Roe.

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
        The whole idea of men legislating what women do reproductively is patronizing and stupid in the first place. And let's face it, male legislators are by far in the majority. This is one of the oft-overlooked reasons that so many women are bitter on this topic.
        On the other hand, if men and women think that it is murder, what are they supposed to do?

I, btw, absolutely HATE this line of argument. I invariably respond to it by saying that women shouldn't be involved in legislation for funding prostate cancer research.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
          I, btw, absolutely HATE this line of argument. I invariably respond to it by saying that women shouldn't be involved in legislation for funding prostate cancer research.
          QFT.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Lancer I have a personal hypothetical question to you.

If you had a sister that was raped ang got pregnant as a result do you think she should a) give birth and abandon the baby, b) have an abortion or c) something else (please specify)

PS
            I have not watched the video and I don't care about her story. I am sure it is a personal tragedy just like a botched appendicectomy is for example. I am just interested in what you think about the hypothetical question I asked.
            Quendelie axan!

Comment

The whole idea of men legislating what women do reproductively is patronizing and stupid in the first place. And let's face it, male legislators are by far in the majority. This is one of the oft-overlooked reasons that so many women are bitter on this topic.
              This smoke screen worn thin years ago. My not wanting to murder human beings has nothing to do with any desire to dominate a woman’s body.

The fact is medicine and the pro-choice crowds are not consistent. It would be easier to pretend they are not knowingly rationalizing the destruction of human life for convenience if they could moderate self absorption through consistency. They can’t, thus their motives are laid bare.
              Last edited by Patroklos; September 16, 2008, 11:42.
              "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Og
                Lancer I have a personal hypothetical question to you.

If you had a sister that was raped ang got pregnant as a result do you think she should a) give birth and abandon the baby, b) have an abortion or c) something else (please specify)

I have not watched the video and I don't care about her story. I am sure it is a personal tragedy just like a botched appendicectomy is for example. I am just interested in what you think about the hypothetical question I asked.
                Sir Og, thanks for taking an interest. For myself, I don't try to press my views with others, debate, argue or try to make points. I suggest you follow the links, find out Gianna's story, and decide for yourself.

Comment

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Lancer I don't try to press my views on to others either. I only wanted to learn more about your possition on the subject because I noticed (in other threads) that you often bring this up. You even started this thread that is dedicated specificaly to abortion.
                    I suspect your reasoning is completely alien to me but I guess that this is due to very different upbringing.
                    Quendelie axan!

Comment

Ok. I'll answer. I would suggest that my sister birth and raise the baby. I would tell her that the baby is also a victim of the situation. I would offer to help support her until the kid is old enough to get a job.

If she declined I would not press the matter.
                      Last edited by Lancer; September 16, 2008, 10:16.

Comment

Ok. I'll answer. I would suggest that my sister birth and raise the baby. I would tell her that the baby is also a victim of the situation. I would offer to help support her until the kid is old enough to get a job.

If she declined I would not press the matter.
                        Thank you for the answer Lancer. So if I understand correctly. You would prefer her to give birth and raise the child but you would not object to an abortion if she chooses so.
                        Quendelie axan!

Comment

Perhaps I should rephrase.
                          The premise of the debate over legalised abortion is that making abortion illegal will stop people having abortions. It will not. That much can be seen in countries where it is illegal.
                          I would be interested to hear if Lancer and some of the other posters here agree with me on this point. If not, I would like to know why.
                          "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

I certainly would want to, but no I would not object. To do so would put a strain on a relationship that she would need at a difficult psycological moment. She's been raped. There's two people there. If I cannot help the baby I still want to be able to help my (hypothetical) sister.

Though this thread is about living aborted babies who are left to die alone through neglect. Sir Og, I've answered your question. Will you now please take the time and watch the videos?

Comment

Zevico...

You guys need to go to the OP and check out the videos to know what this discussion is about.

These babys are being aborted and surviving the process. They are then being either killed or allowed to die alone of neglect.

Gianna was just such a baby. Watch her interview, watch the O'Riely interview with the nurse in the first link.

Comment

Actually, based on the OP, this thread is about how Obama is an evil baby killer and you shouldn't vote for him.

-Arrian

Comment

Working...
                                X