Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Offshore drilling should be tied to a mandatory min gas mileage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone who suggests drilling as a solution for gas prices, or who argues against it because "it won't affect prices for years": I hate you. I hate you so much because you're ****ing stupid.

Drilling is good because oil is expensive and therefore drilling can net us a lot of money. The only factor is "is the money worth the [potential] environmental damage?"

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
      Why would you give workers cars? Why not passes on public transportation?
      Also, when you cut the trucking industry, where are you going to put the truckers and other people tied to the industry?
      Let's start by taking away the cars that the government owns. If R.T. Rybak (mayor of Minneapolis) thinks the bus system is so great, why doesn't he ride it to and from work? And it's just the top either, let the clerks and bureaucrats ride the bus too... how come they get the luxury of driving around in a car that we all pay for?
      -rmsharpe

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
        Everyone who suggests drilling as a solution for gas prices, or who argues against it because "it won't affect prices for years": I hate you. I hate you so much because you're ****ing stupid.

Drilling is good because oil is expensive and therefore drilling can net us a lot of money.
        The anti-drilling people don't want America to have any manufacturing jobs... they want us to outsource it to brown people.
        -rmsharpe

Comment

They should drill everywhere and build Nuke plants, solar plants, hydro plants.

As for the bus system, city transit sucks. I don't really see a problem with the greyhound, which is privately owned, and actually pretty efficient.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Quit *****ing about the price of gas. Drive less and driver smarter. I get 30 mpg/city in my ten year old, 130K Nissan Sentra. Drive 55, keep your tires inflated, use the bike when you don't need to use the car.
            On the interstate?

Does Che have a death wish?
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Ben, if you're on the Interstate, you need a car. Therefore, you should NOT take a bicycle.

Comment

What would make sense is if offshore drilling is tied to some form of carbon taxation (like cap and trade with a 100% auction). The OCS prohibition is great because the public needs to have this leverage against the energy sector when we have to buy these guys off.
                "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by rmsharpe

Let's start by taking away the cars that the government owns. If R.T. Rybak (mayor of Minneapolis) thinks the bus system is so great, why doesn't he ride it to and from work? And it's just the top either, let the clerks and bureaucrats ride the bus too... how come they get the luxury of driving around in a car that we all pay for?
                  I imagine that might result in certain improvements in public transit.

-Arrian
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Ben, if you're on the Interstate, you need a car. Therefore, you should NOT take a bicycle.
                    Man that would be some road rash after falling off a bicycle at 55 mph.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                      What about things not tied to commuter use? Trucking. Military.
                      Why not? B-52s are already authorized to use synthetic fuels.
                      Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Outlaw SUV's, no one actually uses them for what they are supposed to be for.
                        Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                        The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                        The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus
                          Outlaw SUV's, no one actually uses them for what they are supposed to be for.
                          Actually, I think SlowwHand does. I made a crack about them once, and he kicked my ass good.

Comment

I'll go along for the ride.
                            I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

Working...
                            X