No announcement yet.

I fear McCain is going to win

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess they're done with women and moms.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

• Originally posted by Agathon

FTA regarding Vietnam

Why can't people accept that the North Vietnamese chewed the US up and spat it out. McCain sounds like Otto from A Fish Called Wanda.

McCain's foreign policy problem will be that him winning will mark a change from the US being listened to to it being tolerated by other countries.
      Why can't you realize that our troops were never given the benefit of being told, "Take Hanoi. Call me when it's done"?
      Don't sit there making your judgments without noting facts. Chewed up and spat out? Kiss my ass. Had the same problems of civilians involvement, but leave the civilians alone. Same as Iraq. Horse****.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Agathon

Why can't people accept that the North Vietnamese chewed the US up and spat it out.
        It might have something do with the fact we never lost a major battle. Or maybe with the fact that the Viet Cong were totally destroyed, and the NVA had to send their own irregulars to keep the war in the South going. Or maybe, with the fact that the North signed a peace agreement, waited a couple of years after we'd pulled out, and then broke the treaty by launching a sneak attack with its military into the South.

Comment

• We could have totally won the Vietnam war but it's like when your a little kid and your mom calls you for dinner when you're at the final boss, and you are forced to turn off the game or else get yelled at... that's what Vietnam was like except instead of a mom it was dirty hippies who ruined the fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by Riesstiu IV
            We could have totally won the Vietnam war but it's like when your a little kid and your mom calls you for dinner when you're at the final boss, and you are forced to turn off the game or else get yelled at... that's what Vietnam was like except instead of a mom it was dirty hippies who ruined the fun.
            Dirty hippies like Walter Cronkite and the vast majority of Americans.

Actually, I think we did have a chance to win if Ky and Thieu would have run an honest election. This may have gotten the people of S. Vietnam and even the U.S. behind them. Instead, they decided to steal the elections. After that, there was nothing left to fight for except a couple of tin-plated tyrants.

Comment

• Did you just respond seriously to Riesstiu?

Silly rabbit.

-Arrian
              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Hey, I'm the silly rabbit around here, dammit.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Four more wars!
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Originally posted by Comrade Snuggles
                    Four more wars!
                    Very clever Che.

Comment

• The Great Zkribblo predicts ...

...that within the next several days:
                      Biden will have family, personal or health problems and will resign from the ticket.
                      Hillary will get the VP nod.
                      You heard it hear first.

Comment

• Lanceroo predicts that a week after that the story of Hillary's love child with Cheney will come out.

Comment

• "I fear McCain is going to win"

In that case its time to panic.

Electoral vote totals now 226 Obama to 200 McCain.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zkribbler

Dirty hippies like Walter Cronkite and the vast majority of Americans.

Actually, I think we did have a chance to win if Ky and Thieu would have run an honest election. This may have gotten the people of S. Vietnam and even the U.S. behind them. Instead, they decided to steal the elections. After that, there was nothing left to fight for except a couple of tin-plated tyrants.
                            That's the attitude that got us into Vietnam.

Hippies
                            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramo

OMFG! They are going to destroy Amerka if we don't elect rednecks!
                              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• I am really kind of surprised none of you loonie lefties have hit on the fact that it appears that Palin had no idea what the "Bush Doctrine" was. The whole preemption thing.

That hit me like a ton of bricks and I find it hard to believe that the Rep VP candidate wouldn't know what that was, it being such a fundamental change and a big part of the reason why Bush has dealt with the world the way he has since shortly after 911
                                *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Working...
                                X