Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zkribbler
    (a) None they've yet been caught at.
    (b) None that they keep telling even after they've been caught.

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Speaking of debates, what does everyone think of early voting? I guess some states start sending out ballots as early as the twentieth. Seems to me like you'd be voting before some key pieces (ie, the debates) of information were available.
      Compared to the length of election campaigns in Britain and everywhere else in the world- the US electorate should be prepared to write a dissertation on any given candidate (except maybe Palin) by October when early voting is allowed... This US election has defacto been going on for over a year.
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

• Originally posted by Kirnwaffen
        Speaking of debates, what does everyone think of early voting? I guess some states start sending out ballots as early as the twentieth. Seems to me like you'd be voting before some key pieces (ie, the debates) of information were available.

Oregon has mail in ballots only. Personally, I think alot of people are ready to vote. Nothing would change that vote. McCain or Obama grows horns overnight excluded.

People who aren't sure...let them become as sure as I am, then vote.
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

• Oh, and just for fun, I'm predicting a Barack Obama Popular vote victory for certain... and a likely Barack Obama electoral college victory... although McCain might get lucky.

But if McCain loses more than one small state Bush got in 2004, then Obama wins the election. Any of Ohio, Florida, or VA going to Obama in addition to Nevada or New Mexico would doom McCain.

The only real "pickup" mccain might have against democrats is possibly New Hampshire...

Republicans have a very small margin to push at to get victory in the Presidential race.
          -->Visit CGN!
          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

• We should know pretty early in the game who is going to win the election.

But keep in mind. The scenario lining up is serouisly raising the possibility of an electoral TIE that I fear will divide us big time.

If Obama takes Colorado and McCain takes New Hampshire. Then both candidates are at 269.

lol. Who the heck designed the electoral college. Why does the possibility of a Tie even exist

Folks this is pretty plausable scenario. If the election were held today based on current polling. My scenario has like a 50% chance of panning out. McCain and Obama are tied in New Hampshire and Obama leads in Colorado.

Comment

• ...Doesn't Colorado split its votes down the middle depending on who wins percentages of electoral vote? Or did that get struck down by the Supreme Court?

Well... I think the VP would cast the vote in a tie? Or would that get the election thrown into the Senate?

...Need to brush up on American Electoral Information.
              -->Visit CGN!

Comment

• If there is a tie, the Presidency goes to the House to decide. But instead of each Rep getting a vote, each state gets one vote (first one to 26 wins). Possibility for a tie there too, of course.

The Vice Presidency goes to the Senate to decide.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• That would certainly be interesting.

Might even end up with a constitutional amendment reforming the Electoral College due to the absolute circus such a situation would make.

...And think of how amazing the TV ratings would be!
                  -->Visit CGN!

Comment

• think of how amazing the TV ratings would be

And that's the most important part .

Comment

• President McCain. Start practicing saying it. It will get more common to you after a while.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand
                        President McCain. Start practicing saying it. It will get more common to you after a while.
                        I hope so, because it means I officially get to call you a load of idiots, with the blessing of Theben.

It has been difficult for me and others on the radical left to explain to ordinary people that your country is a malignant presence in world affairs. Luckily, your government and voters have been doing the job for us. This one will be the tipping point, I feel.

Puhleezzee elect this geriatric **** and his squawking, porcine tart. Puhleezzeee.
                        Only feebs vote.

Comment

• We are the ones who are getting raped by them.

jm
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Come on stop complaining it can't get worse than W or can it?

Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                            The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                            The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller
                              We are the ones who are getting raped by them.

jm
                              Just use a lot of lube and you won't feel a thing.
                              Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heraclitus
                                Come on stop complaining it can't get worse than W or can it?
                                H.L. Mencken predicted it.

I really have no idea. For me it past the point of complete stupidity years ago and has been steadily plowing on ever since. Apparently, it has not yet reached the level at which the US electorate will take notice, and one wonders if it ever will.
                                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X