No announcement yet.

A question to posters who were "young" in the late 70's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's important to remember, though. Disco was funk for white folks. Let's have some of the real stuff now.

George Clinton - Atomic Dog

Bootsy Collins and His Rubber Band - Bootzilla

and how about a little

Wild Cherry - Play the Funky Music
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Or in Sloww's case, take him back to his late 1920's youth!

Nas' "Bridging the Gap"

Nas' "Can't Forget About You"

Comment

AAHZ:

your music is awful. C-Murder is garbage.

Comment

i think this thread is going to give me nightmares. god forbid i get one of these deathtraps stuck in my head.

Order of the Fly
          Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

AAHZ seems like the typical stupid white kid who listens to rap out of his suburban angst and cause punk rock is passe. Listen to some good rap for once. Something that pays tribute to the last 80 years of black music and puts itself as the latest incarnation of the same spirit behind Duke Ellington, Billie Holiday, Sam Cooke, Chuck Berry, and, more recently, Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, and Prince.

Comment

Originally posted by ramseya
              Chegitz:

Damnit man! Couldn't you have put something up that would be more relate-able to these old timers like the new "Everybody" song by Andre3000, Kanye West, and Bentley Farnsworth:

or maybe Outkast's Hey Ya?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvIw5ZqC1ms
              Shake it like a Polaroid!

How about some Nelly?

Now why don't you take off all your clothes!

And a grammar lesson
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Nelly is garbage. Awful lyricist (though not as bad as Missy Elliot).

Chegitz, surely you can see the difference in quality between a Nelly and a Nas?

Comment

Nelly is fun. Nas is art.

Comment

I liked Disco - always have, always will.
                    "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                    "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Time to Get Busy

Comment

This is art, even though it was made by two platinum-selling artists (Common & Will.I.Am) for the soundtrack of a movie, "Freedom Writers"... popular art, there's a thought:

"A Dream" by Common & Will.I.Am

Chegitz, please don't offer up Nelly as the best that rap has to offer.

Comment

LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Snuggles
                            I liked disco, then I hated it, now I like it again.
                            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by ramseya
                              AAHZ seems like the typical stupid white kid who listens to rap out of his suburban angst and cause punk rock is passe. Listen to some good rap for once. Something that pays tribute to the last 80 years of black music and puts itself as the latest incarnation of the same spirit behind Duke Ellington, Billie Holiday, Sam Cooke, Chuck Berry, and, more recently, Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, and Prince.
                              nice troll, but you are trying a bit too hard to raise your postcount
                              Order of the Fly
                              Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Yeah, great times :

KC & The Sunshine Band - That's the way I like it (1974)

HOT CHOCOLATE YOU SEXY THING

Donna Summer - Love To Love You Baby(1975)

Surely hope AAHZ survives
                                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                                X