• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question to posters who were "young" in the late 70's

Did you like Disco?
    Or did you hate it?

I kinda like it
    I need a foot massage

I wasn't born til the 80's but disco's alright. Earth, Wind, & Fire was kind of hot, as was Kool & the Gang and the Bee Gees.

Comment

I hated it with a passion. It was the thing to do.
      What?

Comment

I liked disco, then I hated it, now I like it again.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I loved it. 1977. I was in the circus, and it was easy to dance to.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Snuggles
            I liked disco, then I hated it, now I like it again.
            Yes, I'm about the same.

I liked disco, then I was indifferent to it, now I'm back to liking it again - in moderation, that is.

Comment

Who could possibly hate this?

Comment

Good clip there, ramseya, and I'm not afraid to say it.

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                1977. I was in the circus
                The circus? Is this a slang expression?

Or did you mean the zoo?

Comment

Service. Circus. I guess you had to be there.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Greatest Disco Tune Ever

Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Iwas in my early 20's around then. I hated Disco but it was great for getting laid. So you did it.

Now It's like country western music for me. One or two songs can actually be enjoyed but any more than that and it sucks.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yvonne Elliman - If I Can't Have You

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                          Service. Circus. I guess you had to be there.
                          Ah.

I was, but it was a different circus. You know, smaller crowd, closed on weekends, NO tigers as they're way too dangerous when you start thinking about it.

Comment

DISCO SUCKS!
                            Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                            Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                            One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

All the clowns were fairly frightening.

Comment

Working...
                              X