Putting Your Money Where Your Mouth Is:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting Your Money Where Your Mouth Is:

InTrade [LINK] is a cite that let's you "invest" in the future.

Right now, stock in Obama is selling for around 60 while stock in McCain is selling for around 40. Buy a share now, and if you're right, you get 100 on election day.

But you McCainian supporters, before you go running off the make your fortunes, think of this. Obama is out fund-raising McCain within the U.S. military 6:1.

I didn't know you believed that 1 dollar = 1 vote zkribbler.

Are you sure you aren't a republican?
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
      Are you sure you aren't a republican?
      I used to be a republican, but I got better.

Comment

The veteran organizations won't endorse Obama. I haven't seen reports on strictly active duty.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Is this site legit? I'll seriously invest (assuming there's no minimum requirement).

Comment

Iran - US/Israeli Overt Air Strike against Iran (Rule 1.8 Applies)
            Last Price: 10.0 0.1

You can buy
            this at 11.0

You can sell
            this at 8.8

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by ramseya
              Is this site legit? I'll seriously invest (assuming there's no minimum requirement).
              I've heard news stories about -- if not this precise site -- another site like it. My best guess is that it's legit. But it'd be wise to do some research: The Better Business Bureau, or AG's Office, maybe even a google search.

Comment

At the top is: See ABC 20/20 Feature on Intrade and it's a link.
                Last edited by SlowwHand; August 18, 2008, 21:19.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                  The veteran organizations won't endorse Obama. I haven't seen reports on strictly active duty.
                  I agree on the vets. McCain's out ahead.

I was inaccurate in the OP. The point I was trying to make was that AMONG ACTIVE DUTY members of the military, Obama is out fundraising McCain by 6:1. Ben points out that $1 does not equal 1 vote [except of course in Chicago ], but I argue that a lopsided ratio of 6:1 indicates that active-duty military personnel will vote heavily in Obama's favor.

This may prove critical in states like Virginia, where McCain will take the hinterland, Obama will take the Washington D.C. suburbs and the decision will be made by the military bases around Norfolk.

Comment

It's a good thing active duty members don't work for Walmart.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                      It's a good thing active duty members don't work for Walmart.
                      If Wal-Mart learns that soldiers who try and strike are shot for mutiny, then it'll have our laws re-written to make Wal-Mart employees into soldiers.

Comment

A division of Walmart Greeters.

Comment

Working...
                        X