Obama: I would not have appointed Clarence Thomas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Naked Gents Rut
    Actually, it appears that Solzhenitsyn is the one who made his story up.

http://tpmelectioncentral.talkingpoi...her_crossi.php

But that doesn't mean that McCain couldn't have lifted the story from him. From your link: "It doesn't necessarily rule out the possibility that McCain or his biographer, Mark Salter, picked up the tale that this happened to Solzhenitsyn elsewhere and embellished it for their own purposes."

In fact, the article goes on to say how popular the story is among certain right-wing circles.

[quote]McCain's story is supported by one of his fellow POWs.

Um. . .I'm not going to rely on a source that has a menu with a link titled "liberal fascism." Actually, now I'm more convinced it a crock.

All this defenisiveness of it only proves that it's not true and that McCain did a poor job at the debates and that Obama is the most perfect candidate ever and whatever else I want to use this for showing my distorted view of the campaign.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
      All this defenisiveness of it only proves that it's not true and that McCain did a poor job at the debates and that Obama is the most perfect candidate ever and whatever else I want to use this for showing my distorted view of the campaign.

Comment

“The insinuation from the Obama campaign that John McCain, a former prisoner of war, cheated is outrageous,” Ms. Wallace said.
        all presidents from now on should first be former POWs!!
        that way we will be sure they wont do any bad!
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Does anybody here think that Obama's answer on abortion was weak? Talking about "pay grade" when you're interviewing for the job of PotUS is stupid.

For the record, I didn't watch it, my understanding is from the Washington Post's account.
          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Yesterday, I talked to Bud Day, a Medal of Honor recipient who was in a POW cell with John McCain in Vietnam. At the end of our conversation, I asked him about the cross-in-the-dirt controversy. He said he hadn't heard of any controversy. So I asked: When was the first time you heard McCain tell this story? His response: "I heard that story in 1970, 1971—back in that time frame. Anybody who says it's not true is full of..." Here he used some salty language.

Comment

Originally posted by Felch
              Does anybody here think that Obama's answer on abortion was weak? Talking about "pay grade" when you're interviewing for the job of PotUS is stupid.

For the record, I didn't watch it, my understanding is from the Washington Post's account.
              I thought it was the weakest statement he's made so far in the campaign.

He could have answered the question of when an unborn baby is entitled to human rights so much better. Something like: "The question of when a foetus becomes a human being is a question better left to the medical profession or maybe even to philosopers. It is certainly not a matter that government should be imposing on its citizens."

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                “The insinuation from the Obama campaign that John McCain, a former prisoner of war, cheated is outrageous,” Ms. Wallace said.
                all presidents from now on should first be former POWs!!
                that way we will be sure they wont do any bad!
                McCain's campaign just did the same thing:
                The McCain campaign is road-testing a new argument in responding to Obama's criticism of his number-of-houses gaffe, an approach the McCain camp has never tried before: The houses gaffe doesn't matter because ... he was a POW!

"This is a guy who lived in one house for five and a half years -- in prison," spokesman Brian Rogers told the Washington Post.

For those of you who haven't kept track, the McCain campaign just recently cited McCain's POW years in explaining away the Miss Buffalo Chip gaffe, and in dealing with the allegation that he broke the rules and listened in on Barack Obama during the Rick Warren forum.

His campaign has basically hit "a noun, a verb, and POW" parody-level...
                "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                -Bokonon

Comment

John McCain has a comprehensive economic plan that will create millions of good American jobs, ensure our nation's energy security, get the government's budget and spending practices in order, and bring relief to American consumers. Click to learn how the McCain Economic Plan will help bring reform, prosperity and peace to America. Read More.

And that's all I have to say about that......

Comment

Originally posted by aneeshm
                    John McCain has a comprehensive economic plan that will create millions of good American jobs, ensure our nation's energy security, get the government's budget and spending practices in order, and bring relief to American consumers. Click to learn how the McCain Economic Plan will help bring reform, prosperity and peace to America. Read More.

And that's all I have to say about that......
                    You do know that every politician makes those claims don't you?
                    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious

You do know that every politician makes those claims don't you?
                      It's okay. He gave the winking smilie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Naked Gents Rut

http://corner.nationalreview.com/pos...NiMmM5Y2U0ZDQ=
                        From the same stupid source. Why even bother?
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• How many American POWs are you going to spit in the face of? I don't really care, but it's interesting to see how little respect Americans have for national heroes if they don't agree with their political views...

Comment

• The National Review is not a good news source. It's never turned a profit in 50 years and instead is kept a float by hand outs from the Republican Party. It is the defacto editorial publication of the Republican Party. Not the best source for questioning claims made by the Republican nominee.

They've had lots of problems with just mindlessly repeating what ever the RNC wants them to repeat no matter what the truth is. Think of it like Pravda and you'll have a good idea of it's role.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                            X