Wal-Mart encourages workers to vote Republican

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx

Pretty sure you should capitolize "Christ" there, buddy. And '****' is not exactly the most elegant use of vocabulary, itself.
    'Capitolize'!!???? You just did that on purpose to get another reaction, didn't you...?

And no, I make it a specific point of uncapitalising words like 'god' or 'christ' because as the figments of imagination they are, I refuse lend them any further credence than they have already fraudulently gained...
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS

'Capitolize'!!???? You just did that on purpose to get another reaction, didn't you...?

And no, I make it a specific point of uncapitalising words like 'god' or 'christ' because as the figments of imagination they are, I refuse lend them any further credence than they have already fraudulently gained...
      That's a pretty stupid position. They're capitalized because they're proper nouns, not because they're special.

Comment

I think you guys are suffering from cultural envy. You just can't accept that Arkansas is the home of the biggest player in the American economy.

What is this quality rant about Wal Mart for, anyway? I have only had problems with two lines at Wal Mart:
        - clothing
        Underwear (socks, boxers, white Ts) is absolutely fine, not to mention an incredible bargain compared to even the next-cheapest place in town. No lie, I can buy a five pack of undershirts from there for $6, that will last me in rotation about two to three years including use in strenuous activity, versus one undershirt for $10 from a legitimate clothing store, that will last about the same number of wears*. BUT I have not had good experience with their other stuff: poorly made shirts. Never bought jeans from Wal Mart because you can get good Levis for $10 if you know where to look (defect racks for one, the only flaw ever is that some kid threw up on them in the factory.)

*Arkansas home economics.

- furniture
        No lie, the furniture sold at Wal Mart, especially the assembly required stuff, is total ****. There's no excuse for it and we will take a good distance to avoid their furniture.

One big savings I've been making is on Metamucil, which is $15 a canister for the brand name and $8 for the Equate knockoff. It's the same stuff! You're also missing out if you don't at least try their other toiletries, stuff like shampoo and toothbrushes. I only draw the line at razors and deodorant, but the rest of the Equate products match right up with their pricier equivalent.

The silver lining to Wal Mart's utter failure in furniture is their ultra generous returns policy, which is pretty much "take back anything and even with no receipt you'll at least get an exchange."

PS go Dems for Wal Mart success and youre welcome for getting back on topic
        meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

That's a pretty stupid position. They're capitalized because they're proper nouns, not because they're special.
          Normally I'd agree with you. However I generally find that it annoys the crap out of the bible bashers when you remove the capitalisation, and anything that annoys bible bashers is fine by me!
          Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS
            Normally I'd agree with you. However I generally find that it annoys the crap out of the bible bashers when you remove the capitalisation, and anything that annoys bible bashers is fine by me!
            It annoys the grammar Nazis even more. To the gas chambers with you.

Comment

At one job, I never paid my union dues because it was run by a bunch of stupid kids *cough* who just thought it would be fun to go on strike.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
              X