Wal-Mart encourages workers to vote Republican

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ninot
    I'm gonna go visit my local Wal-Mart, find out who the store manager voted for in Canada, and vote the opposite
    Just vote for Marc Garneau.
    "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
    -Joan Robinson

Comment

For a Kraut, Wal-Mart sounds as if it is a market for selling whales. I guess that is why it's not successful here. People don't buy that much whales anymore these days
      Blah

Comment

Well Wal-Mart own one of our biggest supermarket chains, so we're certainly not free from them!
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
          For a Kraut, Wal-Mart sounds as if it is a market for selling whales. I guess that is why it's not successful here. People don't buy that much whales anymore these days
          I can tell. My whale futures has plumitted.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Re: Wal-Mart encourages workers to vote Republican

Originally posted by Ninot
            Just more proof that The Republicans are an anti-Democratic, un-American, greedy, unholy party. Even if Obama raped babies for a living, I'd vote for him now
            Otherwise Wal-Mart wouldn't be voting for them...
            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

I don't have a particular problem with Walmart. I do find it off-putting when a corporation pushes a political agenda on its employees.

My company made a big push many years ago for employees to write our elected representatives and support a particular bill. My response was to write... opposing it. **** you, telling me what to support. Plus, once I looked into the measure, I was suspicious of it.

Turns out I may have been right to be suspicious... the bill in question was the repeal of the Glass-Steagal Act, IIRC.

-Arrian
              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand

I can tell. My whale futures has plumitted.
                'Plummeted' you ****ing retarded imbecile!!!

If you don't know how to spell a word, look it up in a dictionary!

****, normally I let the rampant illiteracy on this forum slide, but that abortion of a spelling ****-up just makes me want to gouge out my eyes with a blunt piss-ridden spoon!

Aren't there any ****ing schools in Texas for christ's sake!!???
                Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

i quite agree, it's almost as annoying as those ***** who use excessive amounts of smilies.
                  "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS

'Plummeted' you ****ing retarded imbecile!!!

If you don't know how to spell a word, look it up in a dictionary!

****, normally I let the rampant illiteracy on this forum slide, but that abortion of a spelling ****-up just makes me want to gouge out my eyes with a blunt piss-ridden spoon!

Aren't there any ****ing schools in Texas for christ's sake!!???
                    Pretty sure you should capitolize "Christ" there, buddy. And '****' is not exactly the most elegant use of vocabulary, itself.

Anyhow, I love WalMart for some things. Hate it for others. I've had several friends 'work' there, and be specifically kept just under full time hours to prevent them getting full benefits and the like. Maybe unionized WalMarts wouldn't be such a bad thing.
                    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Since Dems traditional solicit/pander for votes from Unions, AND unions then tell their members to support dems, what's the problem with a company suggesting that their non-union employees support a REPUG.
                      I really see no difference.

As for the walmart quality issue, I go to walmart every now and then to buy personal grooming items. I buy the same brands I would buy at the drug store but spend about 33% less. So same quality but lower cost. Unless you're saying that since proctor and gamble has to supply walmart it's product at a slightly cheaper price has lowered the quality of it's product that it sells world wide.

The quality of its food is not lower.
                      The same brand electronics are not lower quality than you'd find at Best Buy.

So while yes, some of the products that they get from china may not be the same quality, you can't just paint all of walmart's products as lesser quality. Quite a few items are same quality, less price. That can only raise a standard of living.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Since Dems traditional solicit/pander for votes from Unions, AND unions then tell their members to support dems, what's the problem with a company suggesting that their non-union employees support a REPUG.
                        There isn't any. And of course the two sides can point at each other to justify such things (we have to b/c they are doing it). Yay.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I have to laugh sometimes. While a lot of anti-union activity is illegal, it still happens a lot. In fact, one company I worked at had union busting seminars. (clearly illegal) It was listed in the companies training manual as a specialized management training class for team building. I was slated for it and was really surprised when I found out what the actual course content was. The company had a covert union busting team that was sent to any location where union activity was suspected. I was quite impressed at their organization and tactics. The were quite successful at detering all union activity across the country. All of it was totally illegal, and I never knew about it untill I reached a certain level of management where they figured you had too much at stake to blow the whistle.

But since unions also do lots of illegal activities, I really didn't have a problem with it. Mainly because the unions would threaten physical harm, which we were told was going too far and was officially and unofficially restricted.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

All of it was totally illegal, and I never knew about it untill I reached a certain level of management where they figured you had too much at stake to blow the whistle. But since unions also do lots of illegal activities, I really didn't have a problem with it.
                            Disappointing, rah.

-Arrian

Comment

Because unions have the power to fire individual employees?
                              "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                              -Bokonon

Comment

If unions played by the rules, I might have had a problem with it. So feel free to be disappointed.
                                Unions had a real good purpose back in the old days. Now they're corrupt and more interested in their own existence then actually helping who they were formed to help. I actually felt it was my moral obligation to not support them.

Actually I'm slightly disspointed that you support unions considering how corrupt and damaging to it's members they've become.

Don't get me wrong, I fully support a workers right to collective bargaining. But I don't support the physical threats of violence to coerce people as part of it.
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X