No announcement yet.

Wal-Mart encourages workers to vote Republican

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually I'm slightly disspointed that you support unions considering how corrupt and damaging to it's members they've become.
    1. Where did I support unions?

2. Are we talking about ALL unions here, or specific ones? I rather doubt they're all the same.

Unions had a real good purpose back in the old days. Now they're corrupt and more interested in their own existence then actually helping who they were formed to help
    This line of argument is one I've been sympathetic to in the past. But when I read this:

one company I worked at had union busting seminars. (clearly illegal) It was listed in the companies training manual as a specialized management training class for team building.
    I realize that the supposed "past" usefulness of unions might be rather current.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

My disappointment, by the way, was not that you supported management instead of a union.

My disappointment was your line of reasoning:

Oh, this thing was totally illegal and wrong and stuff, but because the other side did bad stuff I was ok with it.

Seriously?

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Yeah, i guess you're right, it's always a question of degrees.
        Some unions aren't as bad as others.
        I've just seen too many companies go under because their union contracts made if difficult for them to be competetive. Global markets don't play by the same rules so sometime the model has to change. It's sometimes a question of Corporate survival. Which played a big part in my decision.

And in all fairness when I did question the legitamcy of the course with the teachers, they did outline all the illegal tactics that union organizers had done. It was quite an extensive list (there was enough evidence provided so it didn't look blantenly madeup) They then went through the time table of how the company responded and how they eventually created a unit to deal with it. Yes, they were aware that people might have ethical issues when informed of this. Just because we were all high level managers didn't mean we were totally lacking ethics. Just lacking the normal amount for people our level.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx

Pretty sure you should capitolize "Christ" there, buddy.
          Capitolize?
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Spelling war!!!

Anyone want to start an Apolyton spelling bee?
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Subliminal Catholic evangelism?
              "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
              -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                Spelling war!!!

Anyone want to start an Apolyton spelling bee?
                Hey, I've never claimed to be able to spell. (as many of the old 'news' items I wrote prove) My expertise is with numbers, not spelling.
                One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                  Actually I'm slightly disspointed that you support unions considering how corrupt and damaging to it's members they've become.
                  rah, I'm sitting right here.

Comment

?????????
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

IIRC ZK is a union lawyer... so he's one of the corrupt guys you're talking about, apparently.

Comment

I didn't know he worked for the mob......
                        Yeah, then he's the enemy

But people have to do what people have to do to make a living and raising a family, so I won't hold it against him. Or tell him the name of the company I was working for at the time of those secret management seminars.
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

IIRC ZK is a union PRESIDENT... so he's one of the corrupt guys you're talking about, apparently.

Fixed.

The current thing I'm working on is that management "forgot" that we're supposed to have a 3% raise in our paychecks today. So tell me more about how UNIONS rip off their members.

Comment

IIRC ZK is a union lawyer... so he's one of the corrupt guys you're talking about, apparently.

It all makes sense now

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

Fixed.

The current thing I'm working on is that management "forgot" that we're supposed to have a 3% raise in our paychecks today. So tell me more about how UNIONS rip off their members.
                              Ohh, thought you were a lawyer. Or are you a lawyer, who happens to be president of a union?

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

Fixed.

I'm a management tool, that's what I'm supposed to say. Of course I believe it too.

Without knowing what union you represent, I won't comment on how much you rip off your members.

Nothing personal.
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X