Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The best solution to the problem of orphans in Russia.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best solution to the problem of orphans in Russia.

A lot of countries have problems with orphans. Russia is one of them.
    Or rather, it's the orphans who have problems.
    When they turn eighteen, they are given a state-sponsored flat and left on their own. Alone. This is a huge mental stress for them, and most have trouble adapting to an independent life after living for almost all their life in a communal environment of an orphanage. Most have only a vague concept of money and of balancing income and expenses. There are known cases of orphans selling their flats for a cool gadget. Most of them do not and cannot receive a higher education; that effectively bars them from getting a well-paid job.
    Russia has another problem. Our conscription-based army is quite inefficient. The amount of draft-dodgers is unbelievably high, and now, when a soldier has to serve only for one year, only a handful (well, a handful compared to the total size of our army, not Finnish army, for example) of professional soldiers know the weaponry enough to use it well.
    I guess you can see what my ingenious proposal is already.
    Russia needs an orphan-based army. A seamless transition from the orphanage turned into a military school into the barracks preserves a communal spirit of comradeship, there are no grief-stricken soldiers' mothers wringing their hands because their son's been shot, orphans can serve until they retire and become real professionals that way, the state gets rid of massively corrupt officials that regulate the drafts, and parented youths no longer have to worry about faking an illness or saving enough money for a bribe.
    In my opinion, this is an awesome idea. We get a warrior caste army, which is much better than a mercenary army the right-wing liberals are urging us to create, we solve the orphan problem, providing them with a stable employment and preserving their sanity. Moreover, we get a gender-unbiased army, like the Jews. Nothing strikes fear into a paleocon's heart like a pretty Russian girls with an assault rifle.
    Graffiti in a public toilet
    Do not require skill or wit
    Among the **** we all are poets
    Among the poets we are ****.

Re: The best solution to the problem of orphans in Russia.

Originally posted by onodera
    Russia needs an orphan-based army.
    Easy to achieve, though ethically ...ermmm.....questionable.
    Blah

Comment

Eat them?
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Other solutions include: Not having so many ****ing unwanted pregnancies. Don't you abort like half your pregnancies?
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
          Eat them?
          Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
            Other solutions include: Not having so many ****ing unwanted pregnancies. Don't you abort like half your pregnancies?
            Really? No wonder their population is declining even more rapidly than pop's in western Europe.
            Blah

Comment

we solve the orphan problem, providing them with a stable employment and preserving their sanity.
              Wait, I thought your proposal was to put them all in the Russian Army?

-Arrian
              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

US......country with a shortage of white babies to adopt
                Russia....country with a shortage of parents to adopt white babies.

Sound like a perfect combination for people to make a lot of money.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                  Eat them?
                  Only the babies. And the chinarusskies aren't starving like the Irish.
                  I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                  I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Theben

No wonder
                    Blah

Comment

Maybe if every Russian bride was required to take with them a Russian orphan? Instant family!
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

when they turn 18

I'll take the hot ones.
                        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Invest in the future
                          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Theben

What's this crack supposed to mean?
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Does the name Jonathan Swift mean anything to you?

-Arrian
                              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                              X