Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apparently, they cannot afford meat in Ohio.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The usual excuse for not cooking healthy is lack of time to prepare it. These people obviously have lots of spare time on their hands.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Obviously all their fee time is taken up with exercise, did you see the size of their abs?!

(I spend >400$ per month on food.)
      Stop.
      "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Huh? I try to eat heathily, I don't know how to cook, and I don't have a lot of time to spend cooking.

If I ate out more I would spend a lot more, but mostly I try to eat out at places like Subway (which is pretty cheap).

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

400 dollars is a ridiculous amount to be spending on food, healthy or not. Especially if you don't eat out often.

Thats basically $4.50 a meal, you can do much better if you are so inclined.
          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
            Didn't it ever occur to them to nip their problem in the bud before they reached that level of obesity.
            The poor also are disproportionately affected by depression, with much less means of dealing with it. Food is one way people deal with depression, and as GePap pointed out, food with lots of calories and little nutritional value is less expensive that fruits and veggies.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Traianvs

How can you not have a sidewalk in a street?
              Dunno, but where I lived in Jacksonville, there was a serious dearth of sidewalks.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

In any event, lack of a car or sidewalks are piss-poor excuses for not working. There are various transportation options.
                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                  The poor also are disproportionately affected by depression, with much less means of dealing with it. Food is one way people deal with depression, and as GePap pointed out, food with lots of calories and little nutritional value is less expensive that fruits and veggies.
                  Even if fruits or veggies were available, judging by my own experience with depression they wouldn't be reaching for the carrot sticks.
                  1011 1100
                  Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                    Overeating is a behavioral disorder, not because of a wealth disparity. They have the power to control what goes into their mouths, and healthy eating is a lot cheaper than eating fast food.

I know because I used to eat out a lot, and I'm heavier and poorer because of it. Now I'm on the right track; exercising and eating smart. I don't have a lot of money, but I still made the right decision.
                    -rmsharpe

Comment

Again, you used the word smart. Obviously lacking from the two pictured above.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Traianvs

How can you not have a sidewalk in a street?
                        by not building one.
                        If you don't like reality, change it! me
                        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by rmsharpe
                          Overeating is a behavioral disorder, not because of a wealth disparity. They have the power to control what goes into their mouths, and healthy eating is a lot cheaper than eating fast food.
                          Then you may have to explain why the poor are disproportionally obese in the US. Obviously wealth disparity plays into it, because as pointed out, processed food is cheaper and far less healthy.

Hey, I like to get non processed stuff as much as I can and cook as much as I can (and I do cook a great deal), but I spend a good amount of money (not too far off from Jon Miller... about $350 a month, though I think I eat out more than him, especially for lunch during the work week).
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I spend something like $250 a month on food (but I'm only counting grocery shopping, not eating out).
                            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Then you may have to explain why the poor are disproportionally obese in the US.
                              They make poor choices, not because of the supposed limits to the quality of food they can purchase.

Where do you get the idea that "processed"* foods are more expensive than fruits, vegetables, meat, etc.?

* I honestly don't quite know what you mean here... are you talking about "processed" as opposed to "organic" or as opposed to fast food?
                              -rmsharpe

Comment

twinkies

Comment

Working...
                                X