Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apparently, they cannot afford meat in Ohio.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Space05us
    If I keep drinking at the rate I have been over this summer I will end up the size of those two women.
    No, you will end up between these two women with a hangover.
    Graffiti in a public toilet
    Do not require skill or wit
    Among the **** we all are poets
    Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Originally posted by onodera

No, you will end up between these two women with a hangover.
      Oh no. I am very much in control still. I might **** a chubby chick, which I would do while sober as well, but I wouldn't **** a whale.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyMartini
        Do you really think that some 140 pound woman and those two eat the same diet, it's just that the two obese women absorb more of the calories? No freaking way. Not unless the 140 pounder has a genetic (gut flora) malabsorbtion syndrome and is *&$! ing 20 pounds of lipids a day.
        Obviously these two women do not work out in any regular way, but the point is that they eat highly fatty and salty processed foods regularly because they are the cheapest things on the market, and the possibility that their bodies are likely to absorb a lot of this crap makes it more likely that they will be fat, and that for them, it would probably take more work to be thin on that diet than to many others, not that anyone on the kind of diet these women would have an easy time being anything but overweight.

Unlike you obviously, to me being obese is not a moral issue. I myself lost 50 pounds through excercise and sound portion control and lifestyle changes, but then I could afford healthy eating.
        If you don't like reality, change it! me
        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us

Oh no. I am very much in control still. I might **** a chubby chick, which I would do while sober as well, but I wouldn't **** a whale.
          As we say here, there aren't ugly women, there's a lack of vodka.
          Graffiti in a public toilet
          Do not require skill or wit
          Among the **** we all are poets
          Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Originally posted by GePap

Unlike you obviously, to me being obese is not a moral issue. I myself lost 50 pounds through excercise and sound portion control and lifestyle changes, but then I could afford healthy eating.
            It's not a moral issue. I just don't like extremely persistent "genetic propensity toward weight gain" myths. They're not based on reality, and they give people who could benefit from losing weight the belief that they are doomed to be overweight no matter what they do, all because of their pesky genes. In reality, they could, like you and me, lose the weight with the correct approach. A belief in some overwhelming genetic component also demeans the significant accomplishment that being fit constitutes in this day and age.

I'm not saying there aren't very legitimate reasons for the obesity epidemic in this country. We work longer, more stressful hours with less time off. We commute long distances to work and don't get a lunch break. High calorie food is cheaper and more available than more nutritious food. There are innumerable reasons why people gain extraordinary amounts of weight -- I just know that a genetic propensity to absorb more of the calories that one consumes isn't one of them.
            The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

Originally posted by onodera

As we say here, there aren't ugly women, there's a lack of vodka.
              i've never gone to bed with an ugly woman. i have, however, woken up next to a few.
              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

A belief in some overwhelming genetic component also demeans the significant accomplishment that being fit constitutes in this day and age.
                Well, for some people it is true. I do not mean all Americans, but when people are morbidly obese, like these women, just saying they are "lazy" doesn't make a whole lot of sense. After all, if they are 100lbs overweight, that is 350,000 extra calories packed in there, and given their bulk, they actually consume a large amount of calories maintaining that bulk and moving it. You would have to be specially lazy and gluttonous to end there, unless your body was such that it made such an outcome extra likely. I guess the fact the mother and daughter have the exact same bell shape makes me think there is something inheritable (besides lifestyle) at work with those two.
                If you don't like reality, change it! me
                "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

It's not a moral issue. I just don't like extremely persistent "genetic propensity toward weight gain" myths. They're not based on reality, and they give people who could benefit from losing weight the belief that they are doomed to be overweight no matter what they do, all because of their pesky genes. In reality, they could, like you and me, lose the weight with the correct approach. A belief in some overwhelming genetic component also demeans the significant accomplishment that being fit constitutes in this day and age.
                  It's a disease...
                  John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

It costs nothing to not eat.
                    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by GePap

Well, for some people it is true. I do not mean all Americans, but when people are morbidly obese, like these women, just saying they are "lazy" doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
                      I never said they were lazy -- I listed several reasons why they could be obese. Too busy working at a sedentary job and commuting long distances to work to exercise. Lunch break too short for anything but Mcdonalds. Such a life is stressful -- eat and watch TV to alleviate stress. Food tastes good -- eat it. None of those things implies that they are lazy, just subject to all the pressures of the modern American lifestyle.

The only point I take issue with is the contention that each calorie they consume counts for more than each calorie that someone else consumes. It's just not a reasonable explaination. Show me one legitimate source that considers "genetic predisposition to absorb more calories from food than average" to be the primary cause of obesity, I'd love to see it.
                      The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

Working...
                      X