Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apparently, they cannot afford meat in Ohio.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't seen you in a while.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
      Haven't seen you in a while.
      Well, Hi, great to be back

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us

There are a lot of people that eat carb heavy diets. Diet alone will not make you that fat. They obviously overeat, regardless of what it is they are eating.
        They have probalby subsisted on processed foods their whole lives, meaning that they have always had huge amounts of calories, salt, and fat in their diet, because proccessed calories are very cheap. After all, in the US there is a clear corrolation between poverty and obesity.

At the same time these two must have some genetic predeposition towards putting on fat reserves. I am surprised these two aren't suffering diabetes yet, though heart disease and cancer will probably sneak up on them very soon.

As for walking, there is a serious sidewalk deficit in many parts of this country.
        If you don't like reality, change it! me
        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Didn't it ever occur to them to nip their problem in the bud before they reached that level of obesity...I mean they aren't just a little bit overweight, they are enormous! When I realised where I was going with my weight I completely overhauled my lifestyle otherwise I realised I was going to end up like that, becoming ill at a young age and, in all probability, not living past my 50s...

You can blame genetic predisposition all you like (it is one of the easiest scapegoats for obesity out there), but at the end of the day, genetics or not, you've still got to keep that fat off, you may just find it that little bit harder, but it still needs to be done. You know, I am quite stockily built but I worked hard to get the point where I am now where I can run 10km in under 50 minutes (and getting quicker and longer). No pain, no gain.
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Maybe these beached whales could move somewhere closer to possible employers? Like inner city?
            Graffiti in a public toilet
            Do not require skill or wit
            Among the **** we all are poets
            Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Let's be honest though, would you employ someone who looked like that? Not only for me not believing they have any self-control over what they eat, I'd be worried in case they ate their co-workers
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Well, if they can't afford meat, then let them NOT eat cake .
                "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                -Joan Robinson

Comment

Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                    They have probalby subsisted on processed foods their whole lives, meaning that they have always had huge amounts of calories, salt, and fat in their diet, because proccessed calories are very cheap. After all, in the US there is a clear corrolation between poverty and obesity.
                    if you have even a basic knowledge of cookery, then preparing healthy, nutritious food on a small budget is easy.
                    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by GePap

As for walking, there is a serious sidewalk deficit in many parts of this country.
                      How can you not have a sidewalk in a street?
                      "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                      "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Our food budget is probably less than those two, and we prep all our food. However, as you get fat you also get lazy... and eventually it just becomes easier to complain about your current state than it is to make a change, or to get lapband surgery.
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Traianvs

How can you not have a sidewalk in a street?
                          Apparently you've never seen large parts of the US I blame suburbanization for many of today's problems in the states.
                          "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                          -Joan Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney
                            if you have even a basic knowledge of cookery, then preparing healthy, nutritious food on a small budget is easy.
                            One has a HS degree and the other doesn't even have that. Basic knowledge of many things is really the issue here. And I'd be willing to believe that accident she had 17 years ago is really just an excuse to not take any personal responsibility for her current life.

And yeah, pretty stupid to have a story concerning issues with lack of food accompaning that photo.
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I think that Ohio needs to reform its subsidized housing. It seems to be doing more harm than good in places like Fostoria.

Even my small home town of 1,500 has subsidized housing, which is ridiculous.
                              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney

I spend a huge amount on food, but then I don't know how to cook.

JM
                                (I spend >400$ per month on food.)
                                Jon Miller-
                                I AM.CANADIAN
                                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                                X