Laundry, wow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laundry, wow!

I just took one suit to laundry here, they're pretty much priced the same, so I took that plsu 2 shirts. Guess how much it cost, just a regular treatment, nothing fancy, just wash the damn thing, get it back in 24 hours. Just a bit under 50 euros!!!!!!!!!

That's almost $80... for a freaking suit and 2 shirts. Man... this is getting out of hand, THIS is ridiculous.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

You got ripped off. At our local place the suit would have been $15 and the shirts $3 a piece. You can get next day service at no additional charge if you ask but it's usually 2 days.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I know. Laundry places in here are infamously expensive. I did get raped, but it's the way it goes in here.

In other words, I cannot afford this in the future at all. Had no alternatives. Made me think though... setting up my own laundry shop would be hugely beneficial, slash the prices a lot, but take all the customers.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Shirts are 99 cents here. HA!
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Throw away your suits and go naked.

(you know you want to)
          Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
          I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

lol @ soth

was it plain laundry or was it dry cleaning? did it include drying? ironing?

Comment

At our laundrymat, the shirts are also a buck.
              At the dry cleaners it's 3, but they come back on a hanger. oooooooooooooh.

In college, the laundrymat was one of the best places to pick up women. Women knowing that you actually do your own laundry is considered a plus from what they used to say.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I take it that's why Ming picks up all the chicks.

Last edited by Ben Kenobi; July 16, 2008, 15:04.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

The hotel in China charged me $20 to launder 1 pair of jeans, 1 shirt, 1 pair of undies, and 2 socks.
                  We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

rah, exactly how does it count doing your own laundry, if you go to a place like that? I mean yeah, it's half way already, but isn't doing laundry really doing it yourself, altogether, at home?

I mean the alternative is that someone else takes your clothes to that place. Is that attractive to women in the US?
                    In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                    X