Do you change your passwords?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you change your passwords?

How often do you change them? NIP and passwords?

I realized that I have never changed passwords since I'm on the net. Like your password for Poly, have you ever changed it?

And how many do you have?

I have like 10 different passwords, but unique ones for every forum I'm registered too since I know admins have access to those.

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

I can see no good coming from this thread......
    "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

I have a set of passwords that I've used for quite a long while now. The passwords are categorized into low and high security. Poly gets one of the low security passwords; my bank's website gets one of the high security passwords.

These passwords originate through long word association games that eventually get me a seemingly unrelated series of letters and numbers that I am incapable of forgetting.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I have a different password for everything. So like 40 or so. I never change them unless I tell someone my password for some reason [[ex. if I'm at their house and don't feel like getting up to log in to show them some person's picture]]. Then I change it slightly.

Comment

I use super awesome scrambling software to change my password every hour on the hour.

Comment

I'm a stuck in the mud. My password for poly has always remained the same.

ZHSVIHFC

A=Z, B=Y and so on.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Do you change your passwords?

Nope...Only when I am forced to. (sorry, I'm lazy at heart)
              "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
              "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

I change my passwords every few hours. It's always a random combination of letters (mixed case) and numbers.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Ever backed up and gotten that feeling you hit someone but kept going? After all those speed bumps and potholes you just don't want to check. Is there any attorneys here?

Comment

I do roughly the same thing as Lori, except I periodically rotate old high security PWs into the low security category and generate new high security ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                      I do roughly the same thing as Lori, except I periodically rotate old high security PWs into the low security category and generate new high security ones.
                      Heh. Actually, I do that, too.
                      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I've never been good at passwords. I set it and leave it. It was simpler when I had 1 for all. I think I have two now. It's stressful.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

At work I've gotta change it every two weeks and it can't be the same as any of the last 20. It's pretty easy once you have a system. You iterate through a list of some kind.
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

When I was an admin in a former job, I forced people to change it once a month and prevented repetition within the last ten... until I realized, that our workers used all the same password and just appended 0..9 (at that time the password checkers were more forgiving for similar words).

I rarely change passwords, and I too split them into categories. I am more likely to change a high security password, than a low security one. My Poly password remained the same since I signed up.

Formerly, for services available only through web access, I mostly used words I can see written from my computer chair, like monitor or speaker brands, titles of large books or sometimes the name of their hero, if a roman. I often bastardized them by l33tspeak (even though that's not a hindrance for pw crackers) or adding dots, commas, hyphens and similar.

Comment

Working...
                            X