LS's London Polymeet: 2008 Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we'll all have to get Asher drunk
    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
      Well the planning of these things never quite tends to be that rigid and far in advance. The London gang tend to be pretty flexible in terms of when and what we do.
      We are yeah. Don't worry Asher we'll be able to find some time to meet you even if you can make LS's drinks.

Comment

Free time here in late augst / all of september, on weekends.

Comment

/me ponders going to a polymeet for the first time in five years.
          Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
          -Richard Dawkins

Comment

I get in on the 16th (Saturday) and am leaving now on the 25th (Monday). If PH needs to do a weekend we could do the 22nd, 23rd or 24th.
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

It's just that very friday that I'm coming back to Berlin from Split, so I might not make it. Not going to stop at the airport for the hour to catch the next bext flight to London just after returning from my summer holiday.

If I should catch a cheap flight on saturday though, which is unlikely, I might make it.

Comment

Well it looks like I could take a flight late on friday, but then the meeting would still have to take place on saturday.

Opinions?

Comment

Saturday
                  THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

Saturday is absolutely fine to me. Are you taking me up on my offer? (Edit: directed at Ecthy)
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Depends. What's teh offer?

Comment

PH, that's cool

Flights are dead cheap if I take them now. That friday might end up a bit stressful, if embedded in a relaxing context

Comment

Cross post there LS It was an offer of accommodation to Ecthy, being the impoverished student that he is
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Slightly confused - which saturday?
                            "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                            "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

23rd.

Comment

Is that the bank holiday weekend? Hey Ecthy, how long are you going to be over here for?
                                Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Working...
                                X