Anyone here know about an I phone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
    And don't start the usual bull**** about Apple putting stuff in a pretty package. They don't.

Are you really this dumb or just play it on this forum? So, the iPhone doesn't look like a nice design to you? You must be one of the few.
    It's a nice design, but not unnecessarily ornamented. The reason it is a nice design is that there isn't any ornament.

Please try thinking and actually looking at the device.

Wake up and think. Look at it. It's just a rectangular slab. Point to one thing on it that is ornament. There isn't anything. Go figure.

[q=Asher]Apple is perhaps the most effective company in history at brainwashing people through creative advertising, and Agathon is so brainwashed he thinks it's everyone else that's brainwashed. OUTSTANDING.
    [/q]

QFT. He's like the archetype of the Steve Jobs lemming.
    If you believe that then you've bought into the countercultural theory of advertising and you are basically a moron. Nobody is brainwashed, because brainwashing doesn't really exist (but that's another story).

There's just no evidence for it. All in all it's a conspiracy theory. Do you believe that 9/11 was an inside job as well?

Reminds me of Kawasaki's stated mission:

My job on this tour of duty was to maintain and rejuvenate the Macintosh cult.
    /facepalm

You do know what an "Apple evangelist" was, don't you? Please....? Bueller....?
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

I have to say I really like my LG. It's not a true smart phone but it does have a touch screen, a GPS, and web surfing though I rarely use the web applications. I've only used it a few times to check for an important e-mail. Plus it has voice calling and other stuff the Apple doesn't while costing much less.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

The Samsung Instinct looks pretty cool.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I do love the idea that if it doesn't have any ornament, then the Apple product can't have had a pretty design. Any deeper in the hole would you like to climb, Aggie?

Its like he's never heard of minimalism before, or is deliberately playing dumb (Hell, Apple is listed in the wikipedia article on computing minimalism for ****'s sake).

This, seriously, may be one of the dumbest things you've tried to assert... and that's saying something.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
            I do love the idea that if it doesn't have any ornament, then the Apple product can't have had a pretty design. Any deeper in the hole would you like to climb, Aggie?

Its like he's never heard of minimalism before, or is deliberately playing dumb (Hell, Apple is listed in the wikipedia article on computing minimalism for ****'s sake).

This, seriously, may be one of the dumbest things you've tried to assert... and that's saying something.
            Oh for God's sake, you just don't get it. You guys are just plain old wrong. It isn't done primarily for aesthetic reasons. There's minimalism where someone tries to simplify something for aesthetic reasons, and there's what Apple does, where form follows function. Apple's commitment to minimalism comes from the technical side, not from aesthetic considerations.

That's why comments such as "Apple tries to make pretty computers that are style over substance" are completely retarded. There is almost no distinction between the form and function. You're essentially trying to separate two categories that are not separate in the minds of Apple's designers. Hell, they've even said this publicly, but people still don't get it.

Look at the iPhone again. People say it looks pretty. Sure it does, but all it is is a rectangular slab with rounded edges for comfort (there is no ornament). The iPod is a cigarette packet with a screen and a dial.

If you want the difference between Apple and, say, Dell, it is that Dell will work out what they want to make, and then they'll add ornament (silly curves, trimmings, lights, etc.) that are meant to make it look nicer. Apple doesn't do that. They say: what does it have to look like if it is going to do X? It so happens that simple shapes are aesthetically pleasing, but that's not the intent.

But make up whatever stupid reason you like. You do have form. I mean, how ****ing dumb can you be? It's not like it isn't in plain sight. Please try to think for yourself instead of picking up BS you read from daft columnists. Try thinking for yourself sometimes. It really does make you better off.
            Last edited by Agathon; July 10, 2008, 01:31.
            Only feebs vote.

Comment

You've somehow managed to get Agathon arguing against Apple. You've really confused him, Imran. My heart-felt congratulations!
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
              X