Anyone here know about an I phone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here know about an I phone?

Dolores wants one. What can you tell me about them? Assume I know nothing.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

LINK

It's a phone. It's an iPod. It's a connection to the Internet.

[And, IIRC, the iPhone has non-detachable batteries, so that when they wear out, you have to send the entire unit in to be repaired. ]

Comment

Ugg, that doesn't sound good about the batts.

Comment

If you have both a phone and a computer, pointless.
        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

And apparently it isn't that great as a phone itself. The call quality isn't that good compared to, say, and LG phone (Motorola is also crap, btw).

It's great as a smart phone and if you want to use the internet on your phone all the time... but that makes the plans pricey (I think it's like $70/month, akin to Blackberry plans).
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Thanks guys! Just from your three replys she's thinking of just getting a new cell phone instead.

Comment

We aim to please
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

But wait! Agathon hasn't posted yet!!!!
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Tell Dolores it doesnt have copy/paste
                  also tell her "hi!"
                  Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                  Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                  giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Re: Anyone here know about an I phone?

Originally posted by Lancer
                    Dolores wants one. What can you tell me about them? Assume I know nothing.
                    You aren't cool enough to have one. If you do manage to get one, the police will confiscate it.
                    Only feebs vote.

Comment

Ok, now we can close the thread.
                      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

It has the best call quality of any phone I have used.

If she is a heavy texter, go with another phone with a keyboard. Unless you give it your undivided attention the touch screen can be frustrating for texting, you end up mashing multiple letters at a time. She probably has smaller fingers than me.

The internet works fine on my older version, but the newer version should be superior or at least comparable to other phones coming out this summer.

Battery life is good, I can go 2-3 days without charging. Though as stated eventually you will have to get the battery replaced. I usually upgrade phones every two years though, so this doesn't bother me.

The touch screen and general usability is superior, in my opinion, to eveyr LG/Blackberry I have ever used.

I have also submerged mine twice (once it dropped into a cooloer, and once a friend dropped it into a pitch of beer while looking at it) and both times I just let it sit for a few hours and it started right up. It has been a bit quirky since the second time but operates fine.

The older version has a large open input at the top that is annoying, dirt/sand/lint is constently getting in there and probably made the two submerging incidents worse. The new version comes with a plug for this.
                        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

I'd rather an ear phone than an eye phone. A silly idea...
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                            ... but that makes the plans pricey (I think it's like $70/month, akin to Blackberry plans).
                            THAT was the other problem with it! Apple gave an ISP an exclusive license to connect the iPhone to the Internet. With no competition, guess what the ISP is going to charge.

Comment

To be fair, the prices being charged (well, before the latest AT&T rip off) were not all that bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X