Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heterosexual comes in second

PC at it's best...
    OneNewsNow.com, a Mississippi-based Web site committed to delivering "news from a Christian perspective," has a strict policy to replace certain words deemed offensive. So imagine the surprise when readers learned Sunday that Tyson Homosexual — not Tyson Gay — had run the world's fastest 100-meter dash. The site ran the following altered Associated Press recap of Gay's 9.68-second sprint:

"Tyson Homosexual was a blur in blue, sprinting 100 meters faster than anyone ever has. ... Homosexual qualified for his first Summer Games team." "It means a lot to me," the 25-year-old Homosexual said. "I'm glad my body could do it."

Fred Jackson, news director of OneNewsNow, told the Washington Post that the site has been fixed. "We took the filter out for that word," he told the Post.

Los Angeles Times

This one made my day.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Re: Heterosexual comes in second

Originally posted by rah

This one made my day.
    Same here.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Clbuttic!
        Graffiti in a public toilet
        Do not require skill or wit
        Among the **** we all are poets
        Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

the 25-year-old Homosexual said. "I'm glad my body could do it."

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I think Poly should change its profanity filter to replace "offensive" text with words instead of asterisks. Could be a whole new world of fun!
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Yeah, I'm sure if there was any combination that would make us look silly, it would be found in less than a few seconds.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well I have to say Dick Cheney was quite funny here. Pity the swear filter doesn't block that out anymore.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

And then exploited ruthlessly until it was changed
                  You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Krill
                    And then exploited ruthlessly until it was changed
                    EXACTLY
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

... sounds like something fun to do on April fool's day!
                      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by rah

EXACTLY
                        You say that as if it was a bad thing...
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
                          Well I have to say Dick Cheney was quite funny here. Pity the swear filter doesn't block that out anymore.
                          Oh, I agree. But it doesn't beat the ****pit or the ****tail. God only knows what people thought other people were saying.

Comment

Comment

fabulous
                              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                              X