Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take it like a man.
    Go find a rifle.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Re: No invitation for you too.

Originally posted by rah

So how silly do you think this is. If you want to pass out invitations at school you must invite everyone.
      Oh that's how it was when I was in grade school. I passed out illegal invitations.

Comment

Yeah, it's pretty scary how social reality is manufactured on little kids like this. This is nothing but a sick experiment on what equality and fairness means, and how people shoudl treat each other.

Lesson learned? Like robots. We're all the same, we should like all people the same, we shoudln't have real friends, just everyone is oru friend or NO friends at all, got it? NO party for you, becuase you are an *******!

That's the lesson. Wait until they grow up. Wait until they have a real job and see what behaving like an adult means. That is, it was all BS they told you .
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Re: Re: No invitation for you too.

Originally posted by b etor

Oh that's how it was when I was in grade school. I passed out illegal invitations.
          Grade school isn't exactly ancient history for you is it.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

1st grade was TEN years ago. almost eleven now. That's a long time for me.

Comment

What was the size of the class? I think it generally silly, but I can think of specific reasons why it could be seen as reasonable.

It reminds me of work-based RESPECT courses when I was seconded to the SFO. I was told it discriminatory to invite people to the pub, en masse, by e-mail. For two reasons - it specificially excluded certain people from knowing, and more importantly... those who do not drink alcohol would not be able to join in!
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Much graditude for reminding me just how old I am.
                Back in our days 8th grade was still part of grammer school so not that far back for you.

But I bet your teachers didn't confiscate all the invitations that weren't totally inclusive.
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

So silly.

Invitations to birthday parties were part of the fun.

Parties with 3,4 friends are way more fun then a whole class. We never ever thought about giving them out to everyone.

Valentines, they were the same way. You handed them out to the folks you liked.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Conclusion: Finland is evil, and therefore kinda cool. Sweden is just pathetic.

-Arrian
                    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Yeah if you have to invite the class bully and those people you don't like, it wouldn't be that fun of a party in my book.
                      Hmm, have a party and get beat up or not have a party.
                      Seems like an easy choice for me.
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Think of the trauma when they turn 13 and suddenly they notice that they don't get automatic invites.

If anyone wants to throw a party at all, of course.

IMO this teaches the exact opposite. The idea is to learn social skills and be nice to people but this isn't it. This just isn't cutting it, this is not just pathetic, but IMO sick as hell.

To assume, that I don't have to do anything, to befriend a person or to be nice to them, and still get invited? That lesson will backfire later on. And them lonely kids, it sucks for them but something else should be thought to help these kids out to make new friends, this is not the way.
                        In da butt.
                        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

rah, and what if your parents say you can have 10 people in it max? What if now you have to have like 25, and that's just your class mates, or none at all?

There's all kinds of problems with this equation.
                          In da butt.

Comment

Re: No invitation for you too.

Originally posted by rah
                            What next. If you want to give out valentines at school you're also going to have to give one to the gay guy so you're not discriminating against anyone.
                            Better.

My kids HAD to make valentines for EVERYONE in the class as a part of HOMEWORK.

Not kidding.
                            One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                            You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

The real injustice here is the terrible AP article. Even the grammar is ****ed up. Bonus points for using the word 'ombudsman' though

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
                                The real injustice here is the terrible AP article. Even the grammar is ****ed up. Bonus points for using the word 'ombudsman' though
                                Aye...one of very few Danish contributions to the world's vocabulary

On topic: Typically Swedish. Besserwissers galore in Swedish public administration.

Asmodean
                                Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Working...
                                X