Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honda to produce hydrogen fuel-cell cars this year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hydrogen releases about half as much energy per water molecule produced.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Actually, depends on the conditions, but half as much sounds about right...another important point would be how much hydrogen one could store in a car compared to the amount of hydrocarbon, due to the pressure that Hydrgoen can be stored at.
      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
        Screw fuel cell cars, we should be pumping money into electric vehicles.
        More precisely: batteries.

...btw: Wasn't there a recent announcement that the Volt will soon be going into production.

Comment

Originally posted by Krill
          Actually, depends on the conditions,
          Doesn't everything.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Hmm, half is rather more than I thought, actually... is that simply a result of the difference in binding strength of the H2 molecule (ie, H-H bond energy) versus the C-H bond energy (or is it the CO2 creation that is the difference)?
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Bit off both and a little extra...

Then go enrol on a chemistry degree, because it gets pretty complicated.
              You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

I knew all of this at one time (rather good advanced chemistry class in HS, actually... certainly didn't know it as well as you do, but knew rather more than most)... but i've forgotten much of it

Comment

Anything up to A level chemistry is a lie. Actually, my first year was also pretty much a lie, but we were thankful because we got to ignore the hard stuff until the second year.

Comment

You're probably going to tell me that the cake is a lie too, aren't you

Comment

Cake, what cake? I want Cake. No wait I'll have death please.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

More precisely: batteries.

...btw: Wasn't there a recent announcement that the Volt will soon be going into production.
                        What, that one with a 40-mile range?
                        Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs

Well, if you're not going to read anything beyond that sentence or the entirety of that post either, I'm not going to bother responding to you. I've already explained it twice.
                          I only had a problem with that part.
                          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Hydrogen releases about half as much energy per water molecule produced.
                            Whats important is Energy per unit of Mass and Energy per unit of Volume, H2 is VERY superior to Carbon in Energy/Mass but inferior in Volume/Mass when in a Gaseous state, if the Hydrogen is Liquefied its again superior but the super-cold temperature requires a complex, heavy and expensive system and the total systems is again inferior to Carbon in terms of practicality. The Holy-Grail of Hydrogen storage is a solid substance which can absorb a large amount of Hydrogen and release it on demand all within safe operating temperatures, such a device would be superior to Carbon in both Mass/Energy and Volume/Energy while being cheap and practical.
                            Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

The question was which caused more water to be released into the air...

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi

I only had a problem with that part.
                                I wuvs you wegardwess
                                The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Working...
                                X