No announcement yet.

Obama's a muslim and he's a smoker...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As you were a smoker, how negative did the views progress? Was it a 1:2 progression? A 1:10 progression?

Personally, I've become more negative about smoking as time goes on. It didn't use to bother me, but now it's something of a turn-off. I have a sense that I'm being a follower on this trend rather than a leader.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

I promised myself when i quit that i wouldn't turn into a smoke nazi like many other ex-smokers.

I don't yet view it negative since I know how hard the addiction can be to break. (especially since I still fight it everyday)

I still like the smell, but I'm sure that will change eventually.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Didn't know that many ex-smokers turn into smoke nazis. Interesting phenomenon. Thought Obama might develop a smoker's contingent.
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Not by hiding it. If he did in public more, he might get some of the smoker vote. But I guess he feels it will be more negative than positive.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

This thread is depressing.

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Embrace it, Arrian!

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
                Stupid people don't vote for president on the issues. Most voters approach issues as backup for their image of the president.
                Fixed
                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

You're not very good at fixing things are you.
                  be free

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                    The muslim stuff is just smoke and shouldn't cause a problem. (I think heritage issues will be more related to the fact that he's black)

The smoking will cost him votes. The are two many smoke nazis out there that will consider this a big weakness and it will influence their vote despite any other thoughts to the real issues.
                    My point was that both "issues" could have been spun into positives by the obama camp i.e. "smoking is a bad habit and I've tried to quit but I havent quite arisen to my godhood yet and so I still have a few imperfections" and "yes, I attended an Islamic school for a few years and that experience gave me insights into Islamic culture" but AFAIK the obama camp is using the tried and true Democrat presidential-candidate preference for sitting firmly on the political fence.

Another clear example of this behaviour was the bull**** about Kerry's medal throwing incident. "I threw 'someone elses' medals over the Whitehouse fence in protest. Mine are hung proudly on the wall".
                    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Those are two reasons that would encourage me to vote for him (if I were a us voter).
                      If he were muslim it might help end the stupid "war on terror".
                      Also I think that there are too many smoking nazis around and would like to give the guy a break.
                      Don't have a clue if either are true.

Comment

Sherlock Zkribbler's analysis:

Smoking destroys Vitamin B in the body.
                        Vitamin B is necessary for good connective tissue.
                        Without good connective tissue, face wrinkles occur,
                        leading to premature aging.
                        Obama has a baby face.
                        There is no sign of premature aging.
                        Ergo, he is not a smoker.

Comment

make up
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

vitamin b supplements?

Comment

Originally posted by FrostyBoy
                              You're not very good at fixing things, are you?
                              Fixed
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Thanks, now you broke my "not really a question coz I don't care about the answer" question!
                                be free

Comment

Working...
                                X