Obama's a muslim and he's a smoker...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 70s
    Last edited by Theben; June 16, 2008, 23:15.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Theben

Actually that would be late 70s/ early 80s.
      Teenage starts around 12/13 years of age - also a common age to start smoking.
      be free

Comment

The 80s
        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

The first one is the 60's. I'd estimate 1967 or '68.
          Clearly the second one is about 1977. Note the disco ball.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by FrostyBoy
            Slowwhand, don't underestimate the power of hope. From where I stand, China's sense of growing power will only increase it
            You misunderstand. It wasn't a compliment to China.
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand

Why wouldn't we?
              For many Americans, fear seems to be the main driving force for progress. For Chinese, it's not fear, its pride.

The problem with fear being the driving force is that it can turn against you; you could easily turn your back, hide and let the world pass you by. Call it social depression.

Pride can also turn against you, whenever you fail, you lose face, when you lose face, you fear. But the Chinese are stubborn enough to ignore their failures. They end up looking like *******s, but they at least keep trying.
              be free

Comment

For many Americans, fear seems to be the main driving force for progress. For Chinese, it's not fear, its pride.

The problem with fear being the driving force is that it can turn against you; you could easily turn your back, hide and let the world pass you by. Call it social depression.

Pride can also turn against you, whenever you fail, you lose face, when you lose face, you fear. But the Chinese are stubborn enough to ignore their failures. They end up looking like *******s, but they at least keep trying.
                I think you're using people at ACS, like Oerdin, as your basis of measurement.
                If someone broke in Oerdin's house while he was there, he'd jump out a 2nd story window.
                In Texas, we'd pull out our weapon of choice and shoot them.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

The first one is the 60's. I'd estimate 1967 or '68.
                  Clearly the second one is about 1977. Note the disco ball.
                  Slowwy living up to his moniker.

Comment

But one thing is for sure, he's not a dumbass. A dumbass is George Bush.
                    A dumbass is someone who isn't able to tell the difference between Chicago and London.

Comment

Originally posted by DanS

You misunderstand. It wasn't a compliment to China.
                      Oh yeah right. I was thinking it was China, who is Hu?
                      be free

Comment

Oh yeah right. I was thinking it was China, who is Hu?
                        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

If someone broke in Oerdin's house while he was there, he'd jump out a 2nd story window.
                          Why would the Texan have a gun? Pride or Fear?
                          be free

Comment

Why would the Texan have a gun? Pride or Fear?
                            To be fully dressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV

A dumbass is someone who isn't able to tell the difference between Chicago and London.
                              Actually it's piss easy, London is the one with the better metro system.
                              be free

Comment

Naw, I'd call the cops and hide out in my room with a baseball bat until they arrive which shouldn't be long since I live in a white suburb.

Oh, and the two large dogs in my house tend to discourage unwanted visitors. I've never had my house broken into at any time in my life; even as a child growing up in this same area. Most people still don't even lock their doors.
                                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X