Obama's a muslim and he's a smoker...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama's a muslim and he's a smoker...

It's amazing how political perceptions turn on stray items. Two that I dismissed previously may actually prove to be big negatives.

My mom who is a health nut mentioned that Obama has picked up smoking again. An acquaintance said straight out that she thought Obama was a closet muslim. I can refute neither of these items -- they're not things that you can really refute anyways.

Of course, McCain has his negatives, but they seem more out in the open. It seems that the old folks think president is a young man's job and McCain is well... old.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Where do you get that last part? The "old folks think president is a young man's job"?
    I'm not old by life's standards, maybe by here; but I don't think...what is it, 3 years in politics is nearly enough. I don't care if they smoke or not.
    Add to that, I'll almost certainly vote for a veteran. They know what they're sending young people to do.
    McCain definitely knows.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Did you vote for Kerry?
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Noper.

I voted for Bush, Sr once. Clinton twice, and Bush, Jr. twice. I voted against Reagan the first time, because he scared hell out of me.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

I am Macedonia.

Comment

Obama is a secret muslim. He did that Hezbollah terrorist fist jab a couple days ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson
              I am Macedonia.
              Close. You're a trouthead.

Comment

Good thing I'm not running for president then...

Comment

Here's a prediction: Obama's going to get caught smoking again. And then he's going to address the issue by talking about how hard it is to quit, and then comparing smoking to overeating, or using credit cards too much, or watching too much tv instead of spending time together as a family.

And he'll say, "you know what I mean?"

And our whole, Oprahfied nation will nod together.

And he'll actually pick up votes.
                  "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

What's worse, being a dumbass or addicted to smoking?
                    be free

Comment

Only the first would put up with the second once the truth was known about it.
                      Long time member @ Apolyton
                      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by FrostyBoy
                        What's worse, being a dumbass or addicted to smoking?
                        If you're addicted to smoking, I'm tempted to think that you're already a dumbass...
                        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Funny how people attack Obama for going to a black liberation church for 20 years but still think he's a Muslim. I predict it won't stick just like the Republicans couldn't get the anti-Catholic message to stick to Kennedy.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS
                            If you're addicted to smoking, I'm tempted to think that you're already a dumbass...
                            This is going to be really hard to do...

Q... F... T.
                            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Been a year and six months. Not a problem IF you want to quit.
                              "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Working...
                              X