Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Felch
    Since when did you ever believe the Pentagon
    The Pentagon is talking from a pov it's familiar with- war. Any serious disruption of resources, particularly food and land, is a good candidate for conflict.

Some climatic models show severe desertification of former 'bread baskets' as well as rising coastal waters. Not only will that displace hundreds of millions of people, but those inland will face food shortages from not just less food but less reliable transport: the old ports are damaged/underwater, govt confiscation, raiding of farms by the have-nots, increased prices, changing of crop types, etc.

Govts have fought plenty of wars in the past over resources, and this would be no exception. There would be one difference though- we have nukes this time around. Don't think they won't be used if things get bad enough.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Climate change?

All I want to know is whether I should wear my swimsuit or my parka.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
        Climate change?

All I want to know is whether I should wear my swimsuit or my parka.
        neither , the storms will rip your clothing away anyhow , ....
        - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
        - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
        WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
          There would be one difference though- we have nukes this time around. Don't think they won't be used if things get bad enough.
          Do the models account for the effects of nuclear winter?
          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

I don't think the models go that far.
            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Yeah, I was just kidding.

What sort of assumptions about human behavior are made by the models?
              John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Working...
              X